You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Parenting Thread

Paul

Fucking scum mate. But at least you’re making sure she has some kind of birthday celebration so good on you. 

I’m currently stripping wallpaper and decorating the babies room. Was hard going this morning but strangely starting to feel better now I’m onto my 3rd beer with some tunes on. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

If you don't take her somewhere absolutely amazing for her tea, she will grow up hating herself.

No pressure.

She’s asked for plain pasta and cheese! Same thing she asked for the only other time we had her over. Last time she said “Wow, Emily’s mom, this is such an amazing recipe!” 

We’ve got a garlic bread in the freezer this time. She’s gonna explode. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

She’s asked for plain pasta and cheese! Same thing she asked for the only other time we had her over. Last time she said “Wow, Emily’s mom, this is such an amazing recipe!” 

Good on you for doing something for her, you'd hope that this neglect she's grown up with doesn't effect her too much as she gets older.

I'm pretty cynical in that I hear stuff like this story & I'm not remotely surprised, people are total cunts.

• Upvote 1

Aye, it’s just fucking sad. Since she got here she just keeps saying “Thank you so much for understanding my birthday”

So far they’ve played for a bit, drawn some pictures, emptied the gum ball machine, Emily gave her the card and present, had tea, birthday cake while we sung happy birthday, then outside with some sparklers I had left over from Bommy night.

Even Mrs Turdseye’s ma (the fat goblin cunt) came over with a load of sweets for her in a gift bag and a load of balloons. Now I’m in the kitchen because they’ve got Little Mix blaring out of the living room telly. 

My daughter went for a play date round at their house at some point in the last school year. She won’t be going again, I can promise that. 

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Aye, it’s just fucking sad. Since she got here she just keeps saying “Thank you so much for understanding my birthday

So far they’ve played for a bit, drawn some pictures, emptied the gum ball machine, Emily gave her the card and present, had tea, birthday cake while we sung happy birthday, then outside with some sparklers I had left over from Bommy night.

Even Mrs Turdseye’s ma (the fat goblin cunt) came over with a load of sweets for her in a gift bag and a load of balloons. Now I’m in the kitchen because they’ve got Little Mix blaring out of the living room telly. 

My daughter went for a play date round at their house at some point in the last school year. She won’t be going again, I can promise that. 

Brought a tear to my eye that.  You're a hero for making that child's day mate.  

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Well played sir 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Brought a tear to my eye that.  You're a hero for making that child's day mate.  

Cheers mate, but I’m not really. Most people would have done the same. She also said she didn’t get any presents this morning and I don’t know them well enough to know wether or not they’ll have had some for her when she got home. Maybe they’re a family who do the present giving of an evening?

It felt good when she was here and having a good time but once she’d gone the whole episode in general has left me feeling a bit shitty. 

Hopefully she got home and they had actually bought her something really good. I’m not gonna pry any further because I’m not sure I want to know the answer. 

Trust my little girl to end up as best mates with the kid who has a fucked up home life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Turdseye, if this is this girl’s reality someone needs to know.

In Scotland it’s official policy called Its everyone’s job to make sure I’m all right.

I’m not asking you to ‘pry’ but what about having a private word with the class teacher. They’re unlikely to give you any information but at least you will have made the school aware and if further concerns arise it provides further evidence for authorities to investigate 

39 minutes ago, Champ said:

Turdseye, if this is this girl’s reality someone needs to know.

In Scotland it’s official policy called Its everyone’s job to make sure I’m all right.

I’m not asking you to ‘pry’ but what about having a private word with the class teacher. They’re unlikely to give you any information but at least you will have made the school aware and if further concerns arise it provides further evidence for authorities to investigate 

I dunno about that, to be honest. Maybe they just don’t do birthdays? Maybe they’re planning something at the weekend? 

I’m quite torn over it all. The mum was a complete weirdo before she got off again but the girl seems to get on well with her grandad before school in the mornings. But then our ten year old told me this morning that when they were on the way back here last night, the kid said in the car that Grandad told her she didn’t need presents because she was going to Emily’s house for her birthday. 

He could easily have been joking so that she had a surprise waiting for her, couldn’t he? Maybe the nan was at work really early in the morning and they were waiting until they were all together to give her her presents. Then again, he wanted to pick her up at 9pm. That’s leaving it a bit late in my eyes. 

I don’t want to go to the teacher and say “Lacie told me she didn’t get any birthday presents.” I could have it all wrong and I’ll basically look like a shit stirring cunt. What exactly can authorites do about not making any effort for a birthday? Nothing, is my guess. 

I just think it was a really, really shitty thing to do on a kids birthday. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I dunno about that, to be honest. Maybe they just don’t do birthdays? Maybe they’re planning something at the weekend? 

I’m quite torn over it all. The mum was a complete weirdo before she got off again but the girl seems to get on well with her grandad before school in the mornings. But then our ten year old told me this morning that when they were on the way back here last night, the kid said in the car that Grandad told her she didn’t need presents because she was going to Emily’s house for her birthday. 

He could easily have been joking so that she had a surprise waiting for her, couldn’t he? Maybe the nan was at work really early in the morning and they were waiting until they were all together to give her her presents. Then again, he wanted to pick her up at 9pm. That’s leaving it a bit late in my eyes. 

I don’t want to go to the teacher and say “Lacie told me she didn’t get any birthday presents.” I could have it all wrong and I’ll basically look like a shit stirring cunt. What exactly can authorites do about not making any effort for a birthday? Nothing, is my guess. 

They'll have got her fuck all mate. Tight bastards. Good on you anyway, that was a genuinely nice thing you did.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Come on, Turdseye, who ‘doesn’t do birthdays’ for 6 year olds?

So, from where you’re standing, she’s got 2 parents who’ve abandoned her and no-one in her family has given her a birthday?

Things do not sound good for this kid.

I’m not saying that the school would contact Children’s services, or whatever you call it, on the basis of another parent reporting that a child didn’t seem to have a birthday, but if you have genuine concerns you shouldn’t be keeping them to yourself and if you do raise them with the teacher you’d expect, at the very least, they’d record them and if they were existing or other concerns arise in the future then they could all be put together, as part of a picture, in a referral.

Or maybe you could look, whoever picks her up, out at the end of the day and in a casual way ask them about her birthday...’lucky her getting a double birthday/ a beggar with a birthday so close to Christmas’ that kind of thing and see what you get back.

Or if you’re fairly sure of your facts go and have a word with the teacher. Who knows, one way or another your mind might be put at rest and if it’s not this thing isn’t going to go away, is it? You’re always going to be wondering what else is going on? Like the bedtime...

Oh, kids, don’t they just take you to places you don’t want to go???

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

What did she make of the garlic bread, CT? Did she think it was the future?

My missus forgot to put it in! It’s just disappointment after disappointment for this kid. 

2 hours ago, Elite said:

And if the daughters a weirdo, it's a fair chance it's because of the grandparents. Are they scrotes Turdseye?

I didn’t think they were. They both work and stuff. I’ve never spoke to the nan before (my bird has) and although I say hello to the grandad, we don’t do much small talk. I’ve tried starting conversations with him before but he’s not got much to say so it’s kind of awkward. He tends to stand alone at the school. When I go I stand and chat with the barman from my local. He’s got a daughter in the same class. 

1 hour ago, Champ said:

Come on, Turdseye, who ‘doesn’t do birthdays’ for 6 year olds?

So, from where you’re standing, she’s got 2 parents who’ve abandoned her and no-one in her family has given her a birthday?

Things do not sound good for this kid.

I’m not saying that the school would contact Children’s services, or whatever you call it, on the basis of another parent reporting that a child didn’t seem to have a birthday, but if you have genuine concerns you shouldn’t be keeping them to yourself and if you do raise them with the teacher you’d expect, at the very least, they’d record them and if they were existing or other concerns arise in the future then they could all be put together, as part of a picture, in a referral.

Or maybe you could look, whoever picks her up, out at the end of the day and in a casual way ask them about her birthday...’lucky her getting a double birthday/ a beggar with a birthday so close to Christmas’ that kind of thing and see what you get back.

Or if you’re fairly sure of your facts go and have a word with the teacher. Who knows, one way or another your mind might be put at rest and if it’s not this thing isn’t going to go away, is it? You’re always going to be wondering what else is going on? Like the bedtime...

Oh, kids, don’t they just take you to places you don’t want to go???

I’ll have word with Mel and see what she thinks. Will that do?