You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Masters 2015

bouncebrigade

I think golf fans are in a minority on here but I reckon Augusta next week will be good viewing.  A lot of sub plots - McIlroy Grand Slam, Tiger possibly playing, can Bubba defend, can Monty not be a total cunt in the studio etc.

I've done a few bets, all each way.

Stenson - top class player, suited to Augusta, will surely win a major soon.

Fowler - was very good to me last year (top five in all the majors), so said I'd stick with him even though not in the greatest of form.

Reed - no form whatsoever at Augusta but is the type of character (i.e. brash and arrogant) who wouldn't be afraid if he found himself in contention.  Has played pretty well this year too.

Westwood - being harsh, you could say he is a perennial bottler in the majors. Being generous, you could say he gets into contention a lot.  Has an unbelievable record at Augusta.

Anyone give a shit?

McIlroy, Bubba or Dustin Johnson. All very long off the tee. The course favors the lefty, as a left handed 'power fade' has more room for a slight miss-hit than a right handed draw, which can easily be overdone and put you in a lot of trouble at Augusta.

You have to drive very well and putt very well. Some players with a lovely touch but not long enough for Augusta these days. I expect it will be one of the three named above, but such is the depth of talent almost anything can happen.

Can't wait. One of the best sporting spectacles there is for me.

I've backed Rory to win and both Jason Day and Dustin Johnson each way. I won with Bubba last year and he has the game to win there again but the list of players to win two years running is a very short list. Rory is destined to win there, Jason Day has gone close a few times now and seems to be suited to the course and Dustin Johnson is another I think is destined to win there with his long game. Other players I fancy to do well are Mickelson, Adam Scott, and Angel Cabrera who all seem to love Augusta and I reckon even Fred Couples and Bernhard Langer will be around the top 10, as Augusta seems to bring the best out of them.