You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Masters 2015

bouncebrigade

Great up and down on the 18th to preserve a gap, but catching Spieth is now possible. Game on. Spieth obviously heavy favorite but people have come back from larger deficits. He will need composure, but if they get close he could get nervy. 

Unfortunately I don't think Rose has an explosive round in him - the sort to shoot the lights out, but he could go close. I think Mickelson has a better chance. 

Great up and down on the 18th to preserve a gap, but catching Spieth is now possible. Game on. Spieth obviously heavy favorite but people have come back from larger deficits. He will need composure, but if they get close he could get nervy.

Unfortunately I don't think Rose has an explosive round in him - the sort to shoot the lights out, but he could go close. I think Mickelson has a better chance.

That's spot on.

Wouldn't mind Rose winning, but if that's to happen Spieth will implode and Rose will plod along meticulously to win.

I'd much rather see Phil tear the course up and win. Such class for a yank, despite the recent Ryder Cup outburst, you can't help but like him.

Rose has got a real chance I think. He is pretty steely and can tear up a course if his putter is hot. He did so at Gleneagles last year. His best play seems to come at the biggest occasion (examples being - Singles vs Mickelson at Medinah Ryder Cup, US Open win last round (vs Mickelson again) and his partnership with Stenson at Gleneagles). His back 9 yesterday was pretty amazing given the circumstances. I think he will do it if Speith gives him a sniff.  

As long as the last 9 holes are worth watching then I don't mind who wins in the end.

For the enjoyment of watching it would obviously be better if Phil or Rose won.

Agreed , however in the interest of my bank balance i want Speith.  11-1 at the start was the only value bet I could see at the time.

He is a bit suspect in closing out tournaments still but would be surprised if he spunked a 4 shot lead. Predict he will win  by 2 shots from Mickelson.  In fact given Mickelson won't be in the same group he's got half a chance if gets on a roll. Can't see Rose getting on terms.