You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel to be charged

Jennings

I watched it on mexican tv. It was simple. The ref was a bent cunt, the mancs got away with murder, we got jack shit. They thought Jones should have been Roja Directa, Rooney should have been booked, the Balo one was a booking for Smalling, Skrtel stamp was iffy, ref saw it and didn't do anything. Basically normal view of the match. 

I watched it on Fox Brasil, where they have a retired Brazilian ref commenting on decisions. He called the Jones challenge straight red immediately, pointing out that the mere fact the tackle came in at the knees sufficient reason. 

Atkinson didn't do us any favours on Sunday but i cant recall him being seriously shit before. Utd were better than us in every department and that's what pisses me off not the fact the ref could have given us a couple of more decisions.

Really? He is awful! Sunday was a par performance for him. Not help with our insipid display.

Atkinson didn't do us any favours on Sunday but i cant recall him being seriously shit before. Utd were better than us in every department and that's what pisses me off not the fact the ref could have given us a couple of more decisions. 

I understand that your trying to be objective but Jones should never have been on the park at the end, two terrible tackles & he gets one yellow card.

I can't really remember the Skrtl incident that well because I'd fucking lost the plot by that stage.

Jones should have had at least a yellow and a red, I haven't seen the first incident back but it looked like that could have been a red and it got nothing at all.

Contrast with Allen getting a booking for momentarily putting his hand on someone's shirt and it's impossible to take Atkinson's performance seriously.

Just a dreadful referee.

A dreadfully biased referee

I think of refs I hate such as Friend and Mason and ones that I think are pretty decent such as Clattenberg and Dowd. Atkinson is somewhere in the middle has never been on my cunt radar before, The last player of ours he sent off was Reina !

Anyway whatever peoples view of Atkinson he wasn't the reason we lost 

English referees are tragically bad.

I nearly piss myself every world cup or european championship when the bbc or itv make snide, condescending remarks about the Bulgarian, Malaysian etc referee that takes hold of the England or big games in the tournament, as if English referees are top class. Then you find that the games reffed by the English turn out to be the ones with all the "talking points".

• Upvote 2

I don't think the standard of reffing is any worse than it ever has been.  It's pretty much the same.

I find the whole technology being the answer to everything very tedious as well.  Even after the game and weeks later you've got cunts like Mourinho arguing about decisions both ways.  Most of the managers do it (not Rodgers I might add).  Everyone's view of what is a foul differs which is where the problem begins.  Adding in a video replay won't change that simple fact.  It's why they won't bring it in either.  For that to happen they would have to turn the grey areas into black and white which will turn the game into pretty much a non contact sport and nobody wants that.

The current issue with reffing stems from the "non-decision ref" which the FA actively encouraged by giving that cunt Webb every fucking big game possible and the Euro's and World Cup every time.  It means that most refs are going to follow the same process.

You only have to watch a World Cup or Euro's though to see our refs by and large are easily the best around.  The naivety of the foreign refs at world cups can be refreshing because one minute they won't care about a big name or team but then a minute later you see them falling for the most obvious gamesmanship tricks.

You only have to go back to the first leg of the League cup semi against Chelsea to see an even worse display than Sunday.....

• Upvote 1

In previous games Atkinson used to always be soft on foulers and then go crazy when things got out of hand. It didn't turn out like that exactly last Sunday, but he was soft on Jones and Fellaini in the first half, and that is part of what winded up Stevie so much, although the chanting of the scum fans must have been a bigger factor, before we even get to Herrera's provocative attempt at assault. Giving Jones just a yellow for his assault and allowing Fellaini to stay on the pitch were a continuation of his softness to them. He's a crap referee, sort of passive-aggressive.

He's denied it. Just waiting for confirmation of the 4 game ban now

Surely they must think they have a case to risk an extra game ban. Unless Brendan wants him out of the way to give Lovren a run......

There's no extra ban to be given out. He's being charged, and has denied the charge. He'll be given 3 games most likely, but there's no appeal process where he risks an extra game as far as I know?

You only have to go back to the first leg of the League cup semi against Chelsea to see an even worse display than Sunday.....

Probably because it was a close game he was more in focus. We were so shit in comparison to Utd on Sunday that Atkinson wasn't top of my list of things that were fucked up

What a massive crock of shit, some of the stamps that have gone unpunished over the last couple of years & he gets a three game ban for that, fucking bollocks.

Bad enough getting beaten by that shower of shite, we've got injuries to Lallana & Sturridge a along with suspensions for Gerrard & Skrtl to contend with now as we limp towards a Europa fucking Cup place.

Absolutely fucking magic.