You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Manchester United, March 22nd 2015

lebron

From the opening we had that chronic lack of urgency and ambition, made worse today by the fear of losing. We set up wrong and conceded the entire pitch, keeping it tight and hoping to nick one. A fucking shit, cowardly way to play against anyone, let alone them, at home, and we were nominally the in form team of the division.

Racking up points against shit sides and having the occasional good game against better ones was found out today. Too many bottlers and not enough fight - that includes the manager.

• Upvote 1

Just makes you realise what a shit summer transfer window we had last year. I've been backing Moreno and Lallana to eventually come good but looks like that may have been wishful thinking, Lallana in particular is an absolute pussy. And, that's without throwing in the likes of Balotelli, Lovren and Lambert. Can is the only to have come out with any sort of credit but even him I think is slightly overrated. And, very much undecided about Markovic either. Says a lot that our best new player this season has been a lad we've recalled from Derby.

• Upvote 3

The only thing he got wrong really was not booking Jones in the first half

Rooney - kick on Mig

Jones - early clattering and the foul should have been a straight red, our man was through

Smalling - tried to take out Balo

etc etc

there were loads of others

• Upvote 3

Just makes you realise what a shit summer transfer window we had last year. I've been backing Moreno and Lallana to eventually come good but looks like that may have been wishful thinking, Lallana in particular is an absolute pussy. And, that's without throwing in the likes of Balotelli, Lovren and Lambert. Can is the only to have come out with any sort of credit but even him I think is slightly overrated. And, very much undecided about Markovic either. Says a lot that our best new player this season has been a lad we've recalled from Derby.

Same near enough every window though isn't it.  We've wasted so much money, we could have paid for our Stadium redevelopment outright.

Rooney - kick on Mig

Jones - early clattering and the foul should have been a straight red, our man was through

etc etc

None of those were blatantly incorrect decisions . For me it was the cumultatlve effect of giving them the benefit of the doubt time after time. 

Fair play to Gerrard publicly apologizing. Still a fucking tit for doing it though and by his own admission probably cost us the game.

There was nothing else he could do.  Gerrard is probably the best ever player to grace our club, but to do that was not only stupid, it was unprofessional in the extreme.  Didn't even see a minute out.

Rooney - kick on Mig

etc etc

The Rooney thing was innocuous and Balotelli was at fault in the tangle with Smalling. Put it like this, the big decisions, he got right in Gerrard red and the penalty

None of those were blatantly incorrect decisions . For me it was the cumultatlve effect of giving them the benefit of the doubt time after time. 

Fair enough, I'm still steamed up about the game, so impartiality may not be much in evidence. I still think Jones should go for his blatant kick at the knee, Rooney is a yellow all day. Agree about the cumulative effect. There was no balance to his decision making. 

Sterling needs to get fucking real, he was cowardly today, anonymous doesn't do it justice. Can was poor and we just were our own worst enemy today.

Sterling was shit again.  Doesn't help being moved out of a position he's done well in to accommodate an average player though.

The Rooney thing was innocuous and Balotelli was at fault in the tangle with Smalling. Put it like this, the big decisions, he got right in Gerrard red and the penalty

So what about JOnes? You don't think he could have had at least 2 yellows?

There's no way Sterling should be getting any where near £100k a week the kids had 1 and a half good seasons he needs to take alook at who's looking after him off the pitch then watch back today's game (and quite afew games he's played in this season) and realise he's a long way off that kind of contract.