You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grammar

rb14

Just got sent this. Apologies if it has been posted elsewhere...

1. They're - They fucking are

2. Their - Shows fucking possession

3. There - Specifies a fucking location

4. You're - You fucking are

5. Your - Shows fucking possession

6. It's - It fucking is

7. Its - Shows fucking possession

8. We're - We fucking are

9. Were - Past fucking tense of 'are'

10. Where - Specifies a fucking location

11. Loose - Not fucking fixed in place

12. Lose - Cease to fucking keep

13. Affect - A fucking action

14. Effect - A fucking result

15. Could've - Could fucking 'have' NOT could fucking 'of'

To which, I'd like to add:

16. Pacific - A fucking ocean

17. Specific - Clearly fucking defined

Any further additions?

• Upvote 6

6. It's - It fucking is

10.a. Wear - to fucking dress in : or to deteriorate or fucking damage through fucking use of it

12. Lose - Cease to fucking keep : or to not fucking win where there is no fucking option of a draw or tie

14. Effect - A consequence of the fucking result of a fucking action : or to bring fucking about

18. Accept - to willingly fucking receive something : or to come to fucking believe something

19. Except - to not fucking include

Any further additions?

I'm against this. I know you're only trying to help, but by helping (if it does) you're just making it harder to spot the people you should choose to associate with, and you can legitimately accept the demise of.

With that said:

If like to refine the definition of Lose and of Effect.

I'd also make some additions.

• Upvote 2

6. It's - It fucking is

12. Lose - Cease to fucking keep

14. Effect - A fucking result

Any further additions?

Passed - as in being successful in an exam or something moving in relation to something else

Past - as in something taking place in history or time, 10 past 5

1. Price - The fucking amount of money fucking expected, fucking required, or fucking given in payment for fucking something.

2. Price - A fucking unwelcome fucking experience or fucking action undergone or fucking done as a condition of achieving a fucking objective.

3. Price _39828101_pete_price_203.jpg - A fucking cunt.

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...
5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m shit at grammar. I am however excellent at keepie uppies and dodgem car racing so stick that where inverted commas don’t shine. 

I was once correcting the written grammar of a young person in my team and she said “the thing is Michael, for my generation this sort of stuff is more a matter of personal preference”. You would have liked her no doubt. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I was once correcting the written grammar of a young person in my team and she said “the thing is Michael, for my generation this sort of stuff is more a matter of personal preference”. You would have liked her no doubt. 

I hope you told her "OK. It's your preference. You know you're shit."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Oh I sympathize mate, stuff like this really boils my piss.

My 2nd niece, I love her but she's a fucking know it all and an arrogant little shit.

I remember she once messaged me something and I replied with a mild rebuke, "you know, a comma or two would really help me understand your point a little better...", for which she called me "a grammar Nazi".

Well I'd sooner be a grammar Nazi than a thick, ignorant, illiterate little dickhead.

• Upvote 2

I dont know. I think people get a bit too hung up on that well know grammar lady, miss pelling, the occasional missing or misplaced apostrophe and no paragraphs etc.

Yeah, a wall of text with no punctuation is very hard on the eye never mind to actually read but some people on here are like your old English teacher, just looking for errors.

Guess what, Im not a fucking typist and I only got English O level and CSE. Just chill the fuck out.

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Shouldn't there be a comma in that last sentence?

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont know. I think people get a bit too hung up on that well know grammar lady, miss pelling, the occasional missing or misplaced apostrophe and no paragraphs etc.

Yeah, a wall of text with no punctuation is very hard on the eye never mind to actually read but some people on here are like your old English teacher, just looking for errors.

Guess what, Im not a fucking typist and I only got English O level and CSE. Just chill the fuck out.

“I’m” not Im. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1