You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hottest Temprature you have ever experienced

Moctezuma

Went out on an all day session when I was about 25, woke up the next day and it was boiling and I was hungover as fuck so went for a lie down in the garden. And fell asleep with no sun cream on. For 5 hours. Woke up and even though it wasn't hurting then I knew I was fucked.

Cut a long story short I had 2nd degree burns; couldn't do anything, including sleep, for 3 days and was in so much pain a day in I was on the verge of crying which made the skin on my face crack.

So yeah, then.

• Upvote 3

Went out on an all day session when I was about 25, woke up the next day and it was boiling and I was hungover as fuck so went for a lie down in the garden. And fell asleep with no sun cream on. For 5 hours. Woke up and even though it wasn't hurting then I knew I was fucked.

Cut a long story short I had 2nd degree burns; couldn't do anything, including sleep, for 3 days and was in so much pain a day in I was on the verge of crying which made the skin on my face crack.

So yeah, then.

oooof  fucking hell!

I lived in Arizona in the mid 1990s for a couple of years. I remember it hitting 121 degrees fahrenheit one summer (over 49 C). I actually think the heat spells in Indiana are worse. The temperatures are much lower than Arizona - on a hot day in summer here it is usually mid 30s, but with the high humidity it feels a lot worse to me. Sometimes you have to chew the air before you can breathe it! 

Corfu in August, when I was about 15, it must have been in the mid 40s. Whatever it was, I managed to get sun stroke which, obviously, made the holiday fucking ace. Went back there about three years later with a few mates, one of which caught bad shithouse dog burns from falling asleep on the beach. He looked like an enormous swollen helmet for the rest of the holiday (which was a good three weeks as we were travelling all over Europe). 

Year before last in Spain it got up to about 42/43 in Madrid, which feels fucking horrible as you're so far in land. The weirdest though was Salamanca where it's about 38 degrees 24 hours a day. 

Coldest, Berlin in February. Think it got down to -20. Bought a huge Commie coat from a little market stall on the second day and was toasty as fuck for the rest of the trip, whilst everyone else got hypothermia.

Yaz Marina, Abu Dhabi. Testing, qualifying and two races over three days. Fuck knows what the temperature was. I could wring the sweat out of my racesuit. 

Can you imagine how awful it would be if someone scheduled a massive global sporting event to take place in the Middle East? Say some event with lots of fixtures over the course of a couple of weeks or so. An event with large numbers of spectators at each event. In open air stadia. Nah, forget it. Could never happen. Don't know what I was thinking.

• Upvote 1

On the cold side, I lived in Sweden for a year and one day it was -32 and so I spent most the day boiling water in the kettle, putting it in a cup, running outside and throwing it in the air to watch it immediately turn to steam.

Great days....

Abu Dhabi, Sri Lanka - both uncomfortably over 40c.  I tend to find that heat is ok, it's the humidity that kills you.  The heat in cities can be fairly oppressive too - NY in the height of summer is not great, and I spent a week in Houston in summer which was horrible, though no-one went out.  

Following on from Rapey's story about falling asleep in the sun. Isle of Wight festival 2006 was as hot as I can remember it being in this country. The whole weekend was blue-sky and searing heat. A mate of mine still drunk put loads of after-sun on his face at lunch-time instead of suntan lotion and proceeded to spend the day drinking in the sun with his sunglasses on. He woke up the next day and it looked like he had a fucking wrestlers mask on. His face was lobster red with a white patch where his shades had been. He didn't last past lunch-time on the sunday and was curled up fucked in his tent for the rest of day hallucinating.

• Upvote 1

The week leading up to 7th February 2009, known now as Black Saturday due to the sky being completely blocked from all the smoke, was like nothing I've ever experienced before or since, with a full week of weather between 45-48 degrees Celcius. Even overnight it was mid-30s, so there was no getting away from it. The devastation it ultimately caused was another thing altogether. Fucking bushfires. 

BIL's wedding in sub-tropical Ghana. Heat outside was about 43C. The church was basically just a massive tin-roofed building so it was like an oven in there. Full morning suit, waistcoat, tie and I'd had a run-in with the local tap water so had had the screaming shits all day. There were no bogs for half a mile. I honestly thought I was going to have to stick my head in the font and sqit into the collection box at one point.  

• Upvote 2