You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheltenham Festival 2015

ZonkoVille77

Post all your thoughts, tips and links to spoofing by trainers and jockeys.

Best of luck to all those betting.

My "bankers" (is there such a thing?) this year are:

Douvan - generally 7/4

Un De Sceaux - generally 4/7

Faugheen - generally 5/4

Can't go too wrong there, at least 2/3 will win I reckon.

20 treble returns 174.46 profit.

Throw in Annie Power at 4/6 and Dom Poli in the RSA for 7/2 if you're brave.

Spent most of the last three days going through the form books (currently at race 19 out of 27), looking at trends, etc.

I'll be doing the same treble as you on the first day, Un De Sceaux and Faugheen are probably both shorter than they should be (hence not being willing to do any big singles on them). I can't have Annie Power at 4/6 when she hasn't run since May. I've also got a sneaking suspicion that Mullins might actually run her in the World Hurdle, especially now that More of That is out, and that he has Glen's Melody with a great chance in the Mare's anyway.

Agreed on Annie Power. I have done that treble but not going to back Annie Power at that price either.

I have Glen's melody in an e/w L15 with Smashing, Cue Card, and Top Notch. Just as an interest bet.

I backed blaklion antepost at 33/1 for the Bartlett although he's been crap since then. 14/1 now.

PP's money back special on the first 2 races is too much to turn down, so I've done a cheeky e/1 bet on Alvisio Ville @ 16/1 in the Supreme and Clarcam @12/1 in the Arkle.

Went to a charity preview a few weeks back and Tony O'Ryan and Tony Martin think Douvan is the best horse they've seen in 30 years, reckon he could be the 'new' Dawn Run. Could go off at evens on the day. Didn't think much of Peace and Co, spoke more about Top Notch and Hargem being better priced horses.

The charity bets they went for on the night;

Gary O'Brien - The Don Double - Poli RSA and Cossack Ryanair

Andrew Lynch - Douvan, Supreme

Tony Martin - ThunderZone - Fred Winter

Shark - Windsor Park e/w in whatever race he runs, was 80% sure the champion chase

Kevin O'Ryan - No more heroes in the Barlett

ZonkoVille77, on 26 Feb 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Agreed on Annie Power. I have done that treble but not going to back Annie Power at that price either.

I have Glen's melody in an e/w L15 with Smashing, Cue Card, and Top Notch. Just as an interest bet.

I backed blaklion antepost at 33/1 for the Bartlett although he's been crap since then. 14/1 now.

PP's money back special on the first 2 races is too much to turn down, so I've done a cheeky e/1 bet on Alvisio Ville @ 16/1 in the Supreme and Clarcam @12/1 in the Arkle.

Went to a charity preview a few weeks back and Tony O'Ryan and Tony Martin think Douvan is the best horse they've seen in 30 years, reckon he could be the 'new' Dawn Run. Could go off at evens on the day. Didn't think much of Peace and Co, spoke more about Top Notch and Hargem being better priced horses.

The charity bets they went for on the night;

Gary O'Brien - The Don Double - Poli RSA and Cossack Ryanair

Andrew Lynch - Douvan, Supreme

Tony Martin - ThunderZone - Fred Winter

Shark - Windsor Park e/w in whatever race he runs, was 80% sure the champion chase

Kevin O'Ryan - No more heroes in the Barlett

bit better - Dave wont' fix the GF mobile site... FFS

My best ante post bet so far..

Un Temps Pour Tout @25/1 in the world hurdle (now 10s)

Others include

Apache Jack 25/1 RSA

Au Quart De Tour 16/1 Bumper

Keltus 25/1 Chelt novice (Nicholls tipped this as his best outsider of the festival

Done a few PP double & trebles offers

Annie Power/Peace & Co/Sil Conti 24/1

Faugheen/Sil Conti 10/1

Kings palace/Faugheen 14/1

Ladbrokes are doing some good offers about 1.30pm each day. I got Silviniaco Conti @6/1 on Tuesday. I'll post anything I see here..

888sport were 8/1 douvan/Faugheen

Un De Sceaux's odds are shocking. Funnily enough, I've done the same treble as you aswell Zonke.

Won £484 in Bangor on Dee yesterday (3 winners out of 4 on a lucky 15) so I've got a bit to play with at Cheltenham.

I'm going to look over the races today and tomorrow as I'm off work so can study a bit.

Welsh, on 26 Feb 2015 - 2:48 PM, said:

Un De Sceaux's odds are shocking. Funnily enough, I've done the same treble as you aswell Zonke.

Won £484 in Bangor on Dee yesterday (3 winners out of 4 on a lucky 15) so I've got a bit to play with at Cheltenham.

I'm going to look over the races today and tomorrow as I'm off work so can study a bit.

All to the Cheltenham fund

Betfair gone NRNB on all races and are giving a free bet. place 3 £10 pound or more bets and get one free.

Anyone up for the fantasy racing league on Cheltenham on the telegraph? It's free to play!

I've done mine and created a league, if anyone is interested feel free to add yours in.

Details are

League name TLW Lads

PIN: 8076712

You pick trainers and jockeys and then horses for each individual races - I do the main one but thought you guys might want to get involved on this

• Upvote 1