You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish the football manager

Brendan could win everything and people would still denigrate his record. Nobody is denigrating Dalglish's record either. Just because the man is a legend doesn't mean stuff has to be overlooked.

You're talking rubbish there Robbie.  Absolute bollocks.  I don't know anyone apart from Code who would try to denigrate anything Rodgers wins.  And Code doesn't post on here much these days.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You're talking rubbish there Robbie.  Absolute bollocks.  I don't know anyone apart from Code who would try to denigrate anything Rodgers wins.  And Code doesn't post on here much these days.

Naive bollocks that.

You know he's posting on here with 15 different accounts.

Thing is, Robbie is right; a lot of people on here just don't like him. They don't want to see him do poorly, but when he does they sure let people know what they think of him. The tables turned on him pretty quickly at the beginning of this season.

I do think some would do what they did with Rafa and find reasons to denigrate any success, just as they have with his progress, but I don't think there will be many.

I think for a lot of supporters Rodgers will always be like the guy who "is just not good enough to marry my daughter". 

I dont think I am Stringy. People are very fickle.

Being fickle and writing him off so soon after doing so well last season is one thing. Actually denigrating and downplaying his success if he wins something is a whole different ball game. Think you're being overly sensitive here.

• Upvote 1

name names Robbie, because I genuinely don't know who you're talking about - I haven't seen any such evidence.  

I like Rodgers as a manager, and I hope he does well for us.  I don't like listening to him, but I don't want him sacked.  I want him to stay, assuming he can sustain the recovery.  I think the majority of people on here are of roughly the same mindset re Rodgers.  

• Upvote 4

name names Robbie, because I genuinely don't know who you're talking about - I haven't seen any such evidence.  

I like Rodgers as a manager, and I hope he does well for us.  I don't like listening to him, but I don't want him sacked.  I want him to stay, assuming he can sustain the recovery.  I think the majority of people on here are of roughly the same mindset re Rodgers.  

Yep.

• 8 months later...

There is a easy answer to any Rodgers based question

Who was manager in a 6-1 loss to Stoke?

Luckily i was out of it from just after the Villa semi final till late July so didnt know the result for well over s month. Fucking Stoke,should have been sacked on the fucking spot instead of pissing more money up the fucking wall

• Upvote 1

Luckily i was out of it from just after the Villa semi final till late July so didnt know the result for well over s month. Fucking Stoke,should have been sacked on the fucking spot instead of pissing more money up the fucking wall

But it wasn't his fault that he decided to start a front six made up entirely of central midfielders.

Oh wait, it was. Should have been sacked that day, but it's probable we wouldn't have ended up with Klopp, so I can live with it.

Apart from actually winning things...

Yes, Liverpool used to measure things in trophies.

I know it's unfashionable, and just plain wrong of course because Rodgers was clearly the better by any measure since football was invented in 1992, but let's turn back the clock and state the classified result in the contest between our last two managers.

In my best Sports Report voice:

KDFC 1 BRFC 0

• Upvote 2

That's pretty damning, that:  Sleeping rough on death's doorstep was preferable to watching the last few months of last season.

I was fully compos mentis throughout and I'm inclined to agree with you.