You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eccentricities

Nunavut Patrick

Those dropped ceiling tiles with holes in. If I'm in a waiting room I have to calculate the number of holes and then if possible count them.

I am working my way through every public footpath, bridle way and permissive path on ordnance survey explorer map sheet number 122.

Skegness?

My missus thought it would be funny fucking about with the volume remotes in the car, me nearly crashing by pushing her hand away so I could change it from 23 to 24 to stop us actually crashing was quite funny. I did point out that if she didn't fuck about with it in the first place we wouldn't have nearly crashed and that orphanage in Kenya wouldn't have burned down.

Your birthday today though Stig ? The 17th ?!

the-omen.gif

When I see numbers together I have to add them up. Like a car licence says 'YK 52 PBY' I will have to add the 5+2. I do it with buses and even clocks. It's not that I'm like rain man or shit hot with numbers. I just started doing it to keep my brain sharp when walking down the street as I am actually really poor with maths. But getting better thanks to my self manufactured OCD. But now I can't stop!

When I see numbers together I have to add them up. Like a car licence says 'YK 52 PBY' I will have to add the 5+2. I do it with buses and even clocks. It's not that I'm like rain man or shit hot with numbers. I just started doing it to keep my brain sharp when walking down the street as I am actually really poor with maths. But getting better thanks to my self manufactured OCD. But now I can't stop!

Think of a Number.

Well please allow me to be the first to say 1569875649526487555521679

• Upvote 5

Yeah, shows or movies via PC. Sport via streams, at my mates or the pub. I'd say about 90-95% of what is on TV doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Other than sport which I watch a moderate amount of via streams on the PC and the ocasional movie, I watch about 2-3 hours of TV a week at the most on my actual telly.  Even then it's usually more that the TV is on whilst I'm in the room than me sitting there actually watching a programme.

If My TV blew up tomorrow, I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to replace it.  My digibox/hard drive recorder packed in over a year ago and I've still not got round to geting a new one.  It's just meh.

When my last PC packed in though, I'd ordered the components to build my new one from my work internet by lunchtime the following day.  The PC has completely taken over from the telly as the thing I can't do without.

At one point, my telly was packed away in the back room for about a year. I just decided I was pissed off with it one day, took it down and packed it away. I got it out for the World Cup last year, watched a handful of matches and that was it. It hasn't been on again since. The only proper television I get to see is when it's on in the background when my other half and I visit friends. I haven't watched anything on iPlayer on my Kindle for about 12 months and haven't watched a film since last summer. I read and listen to the radio.

Other than sport which I watch a moderate amount of via streams on the PC and the ocasional movie, I watch about 2-3 hours of TV a week at the most on my actual telly.  Even then it's usually more that the TV is on whilst I'm in the room than me sitting there actually watching a programme.

If My TV blew up tomorrow, I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to replace it.  My digibox/hard drive recorder packed in over a year ago and I've still not got round to geting a new one.  It's just meh.

When my last PC packed in though, I'd ordered the components to build my new one from my work internet by lunchtime the following day.  The PC has completely taken over from the telly as the thing I can't do without.

We have loads of channels these days, largely stocked with absolute dross.

I download the very little I want to watch, if my TV packed in I would probably just by a big HD monitor to replace it. I dual screen from my PC onto the TV anyway for anything I watch.

I'd rather listen to podcasts or music than encounter the shite on TV. I'll sometimes have it on in the background, it's largely just noise though.

• 2 weeks later...