You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Terminator 2

Bjornebye

“AI is not good at answering the type of questions that require an ability to grasp meanings across a broad spectrum,” Noriko Arai, a professor at the National Institute of Informatics, told Kyodo news agency.

So pretty much perfect for politicians then.

So you think its a classic. Simple question.

I feel like this thread has been re-opened by someone who has travelled back in time specifically to look for one person.

If anyone phones you and says "Give your address dere" hang up immediately.

• 4 years later...
On 09/01/2017 at 13:30, Bjornebye said:
On 09/01/2017 at 11:35, Scott_M said:

I'm not sure why the op is phrased as a question.

If it was a statement, I'd agree.

So you think its a classic. Simple question.

Yes. 

Of my favourite films.

Like Alien & Aliens, the original was a sci-fi / horror and the sequel was a balls to the wall action / sci-fi.

Obviously know Cameron did Aliens. 

They don’t make anything as fresh and as exciting as those moves any more, just ever expanding worthless franchises (Fast & Furious 12ty or whatever) or piss weak diluted sequels. 

When was the last time something as innovative as these came out? The Matrix? That was > 20 years ago now. Avatar was technically new, but a fairly familiar story.

On 14/02/2015 at 09:49, Croque Monsieur said:

I'm not the biggest fan of this. The Edward Furlong character is thoroughly irritating (I was almost willing the T1000 to gut the little twat) and the notion of Arnie as a 'non-killy/father figure' Terminator is horrible.

The less said about the 'Thumbs-up' ending the better. Fucking hell.

As others have pointed out though, there are some brilliant action sequences and it has aged very well; it's hard to believe it's the best part of 25 years old.

The first film is one of the greatest sci-fi films ever - an undisputed classic.

On 14/02/2015 at 10:28, Lee909 said:

thumbsup.gif

On 14/02/2015 at 10:33, Croque Monsieur said:

Ha, ha! Utterly cringeworthy.

On 14/02/2015 at 10:50, Section_31 said:

Eh???

On 14/02/2015 at 10:53, Trumo said:

The thumbs-up at the end might look a bit cringe worthy but Sarah's closing monologue explains it perfectly. It's also a message to John Connor from his future self.

On 14/02/2015 at 10:55, Section_31 said:

Along with the death of Micky Goldmill and the loss of Wilson in Castaway the thumbs up is the only time it's acceptable for a man to cry.

Thank you Section. Gets me feeling lumpy throated every time. That and the lion king death scene, as well as the Armageddon scene. Perhaps I’ve got daddy issues come to think of it?

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Thank you Section. Gets me feeling lumpy throated every time. That and the lion king death scene, as well as the Armageddon scene. Perhaps I’ve got daddy issues come to think of it?

Armageddon gets me every time. Not just when Bruce Willis dies, but also when the other fellas son turns up to meet him when the survivors land. Proper tearjerking stuff that.

There must be something wrong with me as I absolutely pissed myself laughing at Armageddon. We used to rewind Ben Affleck's crying bit when we were stoned & roll about laughing at it.

DON'T WANNA CLOOOOOOSE MY EYES, DON'T WANNA FAAAAAALLLL ASLEEP

Awful.

• Upvote 2

This popped up on FB. 

Here’s a sample:

“I remember sitting there once, high on E, writing notes for ‘Terminator,’ and I was struck by Sting’s song, that ‘I hope the Russians love their children too,'” Cameron said. “And I thought, ‘You know what? The idea of a nuclear war is just so antithetical to life itself.’ That’s where the kid came from.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/james-cameron-john-connor-ecstasy-1234648091/

1 hour ago, Mook said:

There must be something wrong with me as I absolutely pissed myself laughing at Armageddon. We used to rewind Ben Affleck's crying bit when we were stoned & roll about laughing at it.

DON'T WANNA CLOOOOOOSE MY EYES, DON'T WANNA FAAAAAALLLL ASLEEP

Awful.

Absolute shite.

My first adult girlfriend, around 17-18 years old, when you're expected to do 'grown up' stuff and not just finger her, badly, behind a bus shelter after a skinful of cheap cider.

Anyhows she brings that turgid fucking nonsense round to my house with the intention of drinking and being a grown up couple and asks if 'it could be our song?'

No, of course not.

I laughed hystericaly and asked if she was serious, she was, we split up that evening.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Absolute shite.

My first adult girlfriend, around 17-18 years old, when you're expected to do 'grown up' stuff and not just finger her, badly, behind a bus shelter after a skinful of cheap cider.

Anyhows she brings that turgid fucking nonsense round to my house with the intention of drinking and being a grown up couple and asks if 'it could be our song?'

No, of course not.

I laughed hystericaly and asked if she was serious, she was, we split up that evening.

At 17/18 I would have accepted Combine Harvester by the Wurzels as ‘our song’ so long as I could continue getting my end away 24/7. 

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell by 17/18 I was balls deep in girls from Naples, Marseilles, Rotterdam..... Oh and Plymouth, Portsmouth, Erdington ...... But yeah none of them 'missed a thing' either if I'm honest. 

The cheese in them disaster movies just ruins them. Thats why Greenland the recent one on Amazon Prime is decent because it's not got some super soppy song and love story. 

I find independence day unwatchable now due to the pure American cheese, at the time it was decent because the effects where insane. A bit like Jurrasic Park where my memory has upgraded the special effects as the years have gone by but I watch it now and think that looks fucking terrible.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I find independence day unwatchable now due to the pure American cheese, at the time it was decent because the effects where insane. A bit like Jurrasic Park where my memory has upgraded the special effects as the years have gone by but I watch it now and think that looks fucking terrible.

Nah Jurassic Park is still ace 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah the film is but the effects are shite compared to how I remembered them. Jurassic Park is watchable regardless of the effects aging but Independence days cheese can't be covered by them anymore.

Haven't seen it for years but doesn't Will Smith drag an alien across the floor then accuse it of farting? At least Men in Black was realistic.