Quantcast
RAOTL Forum - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Special K

RAOTL Forum

What's happened there then?

Apparently down due to a threat of legal action from LFC?

I don't think it's that.

They have been doing some sort of site revamp so I'm assuming it's down to that.

Earlier on there was however, a thread title something along the lines of 'Rattle Closed Due To Club Legal Action.'

But it was a hypothetical thread pointing out how this very thing had happened elsewhere so could possibly happen to them too.

So I think that's where the confusion might have come from.

It would be a hell of a coincidence if the club really had taken legal action just a few hours after that thread appeared.

Due to a recent request, and the threat of subsequent legal action, by Liverpool Football Club, the RAOTL forum will remain offline until further notice.

A request and threat of legal action!?

How does anyone know it's down?

They don't let anyone join to find out if it's down or not. 

You click on the forum link and are re directed to a holding page with the request \ legal action message.

I just find it a bit worrying (if it turns out to be true of course) that our own club is threatening legal action against its own fans

I think there is zero chance of it being true.

Nil.

I just find it a bit worrying (if it turns out to be true of course) that our own club is threatening legal action against its own fans

The Oystons said they were seriously libeled \ slandered on a BFC fan forum and hit the fan in question with a £100k lawsuit.

The fan later re tracted his comments, made a public apology and paid 5 grand to a BFC nominated charity or something in exchange for the case being settled.

Yeah, it seems I was wrong in what I said above. Although I haven't seen that message myself it seems plenty of others have.

They really have been doing a revamp though and, there really was a thread as I described above so unless someone on there is having a bit of a joke, this is beyond weird.

Yeah, it seems I was wrong in what I said above. Although I haven't seen that message myself it seems plenty of others have.

They really have been doing a revamp though and, there really was a thread as I described above so unless someone on there is having a bit of a joke, this is beyond weird.

Well if they've put that message up as a bit of a joke, I can see LFC would get pretty pissed if they did become aware of it.