You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RAOTL Forum

Special K

hahaha,,i'm on here for the night,,the raotl as some "issues" haha,,,i'm still a arl cunt by the way,,,what do you think about Rodgers and FSG?

I think Rodgers has pulled it back a bit after a disastrous first half of the season, but it will serve us better to judge him at the end of the season.  Everything went for him last year.  Not much has gone for him this, and this was always going to be the defining season of his time with us.  I want him to succeed, but I can't stand listening to him, and I'm not sure I trust him.  

FSG?  They're doing what they said they'd do.  The problem was and is that some fans didn't read what they said properly, and are now frustrated with them.  Their biggest mistake to date has been their hands on/hands off/hands on approach to transfers.  I don't think they have the people in position to mentor and provide wise counsel to Rodgers and the coaching staff.  I thought FSG might have gone by now, but they've obviously learnt a bit about what they need to invest to keep the club profitable, and with the increased TV money about to come in, they can look at hanging around a while longer while increasing the value of their asset for relatively little investment.  Crunch time for FSG is when we fail to secure CL place for a couple of years on the bounce.  While the TV money might compensate, the slow but inexorable draining away of our support base and what that means in terms of direct and indirect income will force their hand.

Still banned from the Pansy?

• Upvote 1

I've had to "fall on my sword" over Rodgers,,i don't think he had anything on his CV to get the job,,i often call him Brendan Bodine ( Jethro from the hillybillys) in that he struck oil when he got the Liverpool job,,regardless of where we finish (unless we go into freefall) i'd give himanother season as I don't see what we would achieve in bringing in another Manager 

Wouldn't surprise me if some people in the LFC hierarchy were still bearing grudges over the Jen Chang incident, given the lad behind the Duncan Jenkins character first revealed what had happened on there and sought the advice of others, if I recall correctly. 

I've had to "fall on my sword" over Rodgers,,i don't think he had anything on his CV to get the job,,i often call him Brendan Bodine ( Jethro from the hillybillys) in that he struck oil when he got the Liverpool job,,regardless of where we finish (unless we go into freefall) i'd give himanother season as I don't see what we would achieve in bringing in another Manager 

fair enough.  I remembered you weren't happy when he got it.   I think he'll get another season at least - as you say, if he doesn't it's because the wheels, wings and door handles have fallen off, and they're playing as a team at the moment.   

I'm not surprised that the club are trying to keep certain things out of the public domain.

Hmm, much mystery.

Haven't not been on the forum for a while, who are the new cunts on here now,,i might be a arl cunt,,i need to know who the new young cunts are haha

Sadly we have a revolving door policy when it comes to cunts.  You'll spot them soon enough.

Me you weapon.

This place is actually much calmer than when you used to drop in, also fucking dead at this time of night.  Should have let us know you were coming, we could have tried to get mac4 to come back and give you a call.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/76149-durango-the-coke-head/page-1

Off to bed myself now, I'm fucked.  Laters.

Wouldn't surprise me if some people in the LFC hierarchy were still bearing grudges over the Jen Chang incident, given the lad behind the Duncan Jenkins character first revealed what had happened on there and sought the advice of others, if I recall correctly. 

That was Est1892 wasn't it?

Yeah it was back when I tried it first thing this morning.

I'm on there and I'm still none the wiser as to why it disappeared as the cool kids are inevitably being too cool to say.

I think it was indeed some sort of joke as I half predicted on the previous page, though as I said, I'm not absolutely sure.

One of the things which annoyed me about that otherwise excellent site...mind you it has been several years, i guess

Glad it's up again

• Upvote 1