You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

9 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Yep the writers, directors and production are essential. I wouldn’t be adverse to a Walter White Jnr show. It would be interesting to see him struggling trying to be good but having to utilise his fathers infamy the problem with that is Elliot and Gretchen have a nest egg waiting for him. 

A better idea might be for all new characters with some call backs and cameos. Maybe a focus on the police?

A show focused on Walt Jr would be a hard watch, he's a good actor but watching him stuttering constantly would be hard work.

A young Mike as a cop but it's impossible to recast Johnathon Banks.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

A show focused on Walt Jr would be a hard watch, he's a good actor but watching him stuttering constantly would be hard work.

A young Mike as a cop but it's impossible to recast Johnathon Banks.

Both good points with the police idea I was thinking more of the New Mexico police rather than young Mike. Thing is what ever it is will be held to such high standards.

I don't want any extension to the BB / BCS "universe" at all; leave it be, put it to rest, leave it on a natural high.

I'd love to see the same writing and production team get their teeth into something fresh and new, but of equally high quality. As long as it's not more superhero shit then I'm all in.

• Upvote 1

Me and her watched the latest episode this afternoon in absolute silence. The pair of us are engrossed in every episode. Four more to go and still none the wiser how this is going to end. Brilliant, brilliant writing and casting throughout.

• Upvote 1

Another beautiful episode this week and the perfect breather before the home stretch.

Am I imagining it or is that little post credit scene lifted straight from the penultimate episode of Mr Inbetween? Incidentally, the 2 best written and acted shows of the past 10 years.

3 to go [whimpers]

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Another beautiful episode this week and the perfect breather before the home stretch.

Am I imagining it or is that little post credit scene lifted straight from the penultimate episode of Mr Inbetween? Incidentally, the 2 best written and acted shows of the past 10 years.

3 to go [whimpers]

What’s in first place?

was a great episode to get us over the last one and loved the montages and great to see Jerry from parks and rec.

6 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

What’s in first place?

was a great episode to get us over the last one and loved the montages and great to see Jerry from parks and rec.

Cigarette paper between both shows imo, the writing of both BCS and Mr Inbetween is quite clearly significantly better than anything else imo.

7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cigarette paper between both shows imo, the writing of both BCS and Mr Inbetween is quite clearly significantly better than anything else imo.

Not seen mr inbetween Id heard the second season wasn’t great so had avoided it but might be worth checking out if that is incorrect.

On 27/07/2022 at 21:08, Elite said:

This week's episode wasn't as good as the last couple but gives an insight on how Saul isn't a broken man which it looked like on the previous snippets into the future.

I was going to mention how poor I thought this last episode was and how utterly confused by the timeline I now am.

On 19/07/2022 at 22:00, Carvalho Diablo said:

That was probably the best ever episode of BCS ever imo.

The writing and the acting were both stellar. So many incredible scenes.

The wine scene was pivotal in casting a bit of light on Fring; who he is, what makes him tick. Turns out that despite all of his cash and power, Gus is just a lonely guy looking for a connection, and very probably gay.

The scenes with Don Eladio and with Howard's widow were just sensational, the scene with Mike and Nacho's dad not far behind. The scenes with Jimmy and Kim, just perfectly written and played.

Love love loved it.

10/10

Needed more peas.

• Upvote 1

On 19/07/2022 at 23:19, M_B said:

Fring's partner (Max Arciniega) was executed in front of him by Hector Salamanca on the orders of Don Eladio in Breaking Bad. I think he recollects this when he stares into the pool after meeting them.

My take on the wine scene was that he remembers his job isn't finished - Hector Salamanca and Don Eladio are still alive - and he can't return to enjoying life until his revenge is complete.

That was my take.

I decided to give this another go as I've been ill this week with nothing better to do & am immediately reminded of why I gave up on it before. 

They spend so long on pointless shit in this programme, it's almost unbelievable. The amount of time they spend moving the story along in each episode must come to under five minutes. Kim is the most annoying character I think I've ever seen on the telly. The sooner Jimmy dumps or kills her, the better. Speaking of Jimmy, the way he fiddles with his lips also really gets on my tits, if I met him in real life I think I'd have to lamp him right in the fucking gob.

I only really watch it for the drug dealer cartel stuff but even then, is anyone really having Mike as a hard man? He looks about 300 years old.

I'm looking forward to feeling better, I'm going to go out for a walk instead.