You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Wow, that was a great episode, Mike sitting Jimmy and Kim down with his 'Here's what you're going to do' speech was brilliant.

another episode where the tension in the show was raised the less people talked. just watching Kim, Lalo and Gus go about what they were doing was mesmerising. (which is normally Mike's thing). 

17 hours ago, George Costanza said:

I felt sorry for Howard

Yep the show has done a fantastic job of building Howard’s character he seemed to be an arrogant bastard but as it went on, you realised he was just a driven guy and actually a decent human being who seemed like a tough but fair boss. Jimmy and Kim targeting of him is difficult especially as I really liked Kim.

it’s great writing all round, everything is so measured. I’m really looking forward to watching this again once it’s over. 

spoilers:

that final shot of Howard and Lalo was very sad, loved how Mike asked his guys to be “easy” with him. Mike hates it when people who aren’t in the game get caught up in it.

Mike might just be the only decent person in the show, if you ignore working for a cartel and being a dirty cop, but hopefully you get what I mean.

6 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Yep the show has done a fantastic job of building Howard’s character he seemed to be an arrogant bastard but as it went on, you realised he was just a driven guy and actually a decent human being who seemed like a tough but fair boss. Jimmy and Kim targeting of him is difficult especially as I really liked Kim.

it’s great writing all round, everything is so measured. I’m really looking forward to watching this again once it’s over. 

spoilers:

that final shot of Howard and Lalo was very sad, loved how Mike asked his guys to be “easy” with him. Mike hates it when people who aren’t in the game get caught up in it.

Mike might just be the only decent person in the show, if you ignore working for a cartel and being a dirty cop, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Its extremely good writing & character development.  Howard becoming a victim, Jimmy/Kim being the bad guys but then also immediately victims again.  Howard making the coffee for his wife to just put it in a thermos was wonderful storyteling buildup.

• Upvote 2

Just now, George Costanza said:

Its extremely good writing & character development.  Howard becoming a victim, Jimmy/Kim being the bad guys but then also immediately victims again.  Howard making the coffee for his wife to just put it in a thermos was wonderful storyteling buildup.

Yeah, definitely. I'm engrossed in each episode. No fiddling with the phone, no drifting off, just total concentration every second. There's very few that shows that do that for me. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, George Costanza said:

The show is brilliant at telling you everything without saying much. I’m not sure that Jimmy and Kim are victims again though - well it’s heard to feel too much sympathy for them, it’s more that they are having to face the consequences of their own actions. 

6 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

Yeah, definitely. I'm engrossed in each episode. No fiddling with the phone, no drifting off, just total concentration every second. There's very few that shows that do that for me. 

Same, yes parts of it can be over indulgent like some of the cold opens, but they are always well shot and utterly engrossing. 

5 episodes left and we have yet to find out what happens in the gene timeline. I can’t wait for that.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

The show is brilliant at telling you everything without saying much. I’m not sure that Jimmy and Kim are victims again though - well it’s heard to feel too much sympathy for them, it’s more that they are having to face the consequences of their own actions. 

Same, yes parts of it can be over indulgent like some of the cold opens, but they are always well shot and utterly engrossing. 

5 episodes left and we have yet to find out what happens in the gene timeline. I can’t wait for that.

We might not find out what happens in the gene time line, that could still yet be another show. 

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

We might not find out what happens in the gene time line, that could still yet be another show. 

I can’t see that, I reckon they will wrap it up as they brought Gene in from the start and have been giving us glimpses of what he’s up to post BB. I guess there is a small chance that they don’t close it off but I reckon the only thing now is whether Jimmy gets a happy ending or not and the fate of Kim as we didn’t see her at all in BB.

52 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I can’t see that, I reckon they will wrap it up as they brought Gene in from the start and have been giving us glimpses of what he’s up to post BB. I guess there is a small chance that they don’t close it off but I reckon the only thing now is whether Jimmy gets a happy ending or not and the fate of Kim as we didn’t see her at all in BB.

i read something a few weeks ago saying they were looking at 2 or 3 other things in the BB universe and might explore them in a years time after taking a bit of a break to do other things. gene could be dead of course. and kim might be off doing something we could follow. i dunno, i just wouldn't particularly expect them to close it out and feel it is still open (well till it's not and gene is dead!).