You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

On 02/06/2021 at 19:57, Elite said:

Been rewatching this, am midway through season 3 and it's even better on second viewing, phenomenal show.

Chuck's a massive cunt but that storyline in season 3 with him trying to get Jimmy disbarred is truly captivating TV, especially the court hearing 

My mam was calling my brother and sister Chuck last week at a family get together. I couldn't figure it out, I know they are both antivaxers but that that's not at Chuck's level.

Turns out they both believe in shedding and my mam had invited them up knowing she was getting her vaccine that morning. The 2 of them still don't know they were in the company of a shedder all day.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, No2 said:

My mam was calling my brother and sister Chuck last week at a family get together. I couldn't figure it out, I know they are both antivaxers but that that's not at Chuck's level.

Turns out they both believe in shedding and my mam had invited them up knowing she was getting her vaccine that morning. The 2 of them still don't know they were in the company of a shedder all day.

You should get them a space blanket each for Christmas.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skend04 said:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bob-odenkirk-hospitalized-collapse-better-call-saul-1235029033/

Odenkirk collapsed on set and is in hospital. Let's hope the series is finished before he ends up in the Deathpool thread.

And I though Jonathan Banks was most likely to not make the end of the prequels. I hope he sues.

On 03/06/2021 at 13:02, manwiththestick said:

Dreading watching the last season as I'm sure something will happen with Kim Wexler that will upset me greatly.

I'm  not so sure. Given Saul/ Jimmy's straightened circumstances at the start of BB, I reckon she pulls a switcheroo on him to leave him in the lurch.

5 hours ago, cochyn said:

I'm  not so sure. Given Saul/ Jimmy's straightened circumstances at the start of BB, I reckon she pulls a switcheroo on him to leave him in the lurch.

did we ever see him with another woman in BB? Maybe he has her stashed away or she’s gone…

im dreading the final season because it’ll be over and it’s been a fantastic show.

In the early stages of BCS I thought that when he was sending Francesca away at the end of BB and he said "tell them Jimmy sent you" that they would tie it up and make it that it was Kim he sent her to. But then Kim met Francesca in BCS so that wouldn't work.

The only other tell tale I can see if that in BB Saul has cheques for Ice Station Zebra Associates which Kim came up with in BCS. I do wonder if they might tie it in that Kim has been dealing with the laundering etc. in BB and was just always in the background while Saul was the front. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season 6 is back with a double header.

Episode 1, Wine & Roses, and I can't stop smiling from ear to ear. Everything we loved about BCS is intact.

The writing as brilliant as ever, Lalo is a great villain, Saul a great grifter, Kim is just great.

The cinematography is stupendous. 3 examples; a scene where Lalo is being driven through the Mexican wilderness, a scene where Nacho goes into his hotel room, and best of all, the scene where the silhouetted Salamanca twins walk across the dusty wooden boards of a crime scene.

I could go on (but I won't), episode 2 beckons.

8/10 Kodi The Shadow Real Debrid

• Upvote 1

Caught up with this last night and as has been said it’s just brilliant. There just wasn’t a bad scene. If it carries on like this it’ll be up there with Best TV ever made.

Spoilers

I can’t see how nacho gets a good ending the poor guy is up against it, I assume Mike will have to Werner him.

it was also great seeing the kettleman’s and I was unnerved by Kim in that episode. She’s pulled way darker to the point where even Jimmy has second thoughts about their approach and I’m not sure what’s caused it or why she’s happy to destroy Howard.