You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

On 09/04/2020 at 19:54, VladimirIlyich said:

How Kim and Saul get separated will probably be one of the major story arcs in the final series,I reckon.

I think you're right. Could be nothing, but Saul doesn't wear a wedding ring in BB.. 

Then again a detail like that would need obsessively genius narrative foresight.

On 09/04/2020 at 19:54, VladimirIlyich said:

How Kim and Saul get separated will probably be one of the major story arcs in the final series,I reckon.

I seem to remember when BCS was announced, I think, Odenkirk saying, how he imagined Saul going to strip clubs, spending a fortune and then going home alone and crying himself to sleep. 

Given some of the other tie-ins there have been in the show, it would surprise me that’s how he ends up once Kim departs.  

I really enjoyed the last couple of weeks, but I thought that last episode was disappointing. It seemed too focused on setting up season 6. The personality change in Kim over the last couple of episodes is a little hard to believe too. And I struggled quite a bit to believe that whole Lalo story in the last episode. And I mentioned it before, but fring and Mike are starting to look too old. That scene where they met outside the burnt chicken shop, they both looked like they needed Zimmer frames!

31 minutes ago, skend04 said:

The season finale was not good at all. I found myself skipping large parts of it and Kim's heel turn is pretty far fetched to be honest. It just felt like an episode too far in the current season with lots of little plot devices shoehorned in. 

Going back over several series it's obvious that Kim's always been a little wild.

38 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Going back over several series it's obvious that Kim's always been a little wild.

I think there's a difference between someone who likes to escape from their day to day occasionally to what we've seen over the last 2 episodes. And we're supposed to get on board she is desperate to take out Hamlin based off that one conversation. I'm just not having it. It seems to me they have set it up for 5 seasons for "Saul" to blow it up for Kim & Jimmy and they just wanted a "tales of the unexpected" moment. For me it doesn't fit with anything we've seen before. That coupled with the supposed crack hitman squad getting taken out single handedly by Lalo, it was all just a bit weak for me. And I didn't buy the scene when Mike told Jimmy Lalo was about to die. As if he wouldn't tell him to fuck off while he found things out and waited till the job was done. It's the 1st time across the seasons of BB and BCS I've ended up disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

I think there's a difference between someone who likes to escape from their day to day occasionally to what we've seen over the last 2 episodes. And we're supposed to get on board she is desperate to take out Hamlin based off that one conversation. I'm just not having it. It seems to me they have set it up for 5 seasons for "Saul" to blow it up for Kim & Jimmy and they just wanted a "tales of the unexpected" moment. For me it doesn't fit with anything we've seen before. That coupled with the supposed crack hitman squad getting taken out single handedly by Lalo, it was all just a bit weak for me. And I didn't buy the scene when Mike told Jimmy Lalo was about to die. As if he wouldn't tell him to fuck off while he found things out and waited till the job was done. It's the 1st time across the seasons of BB and BCS I've ended up disappointed. 

The crack hitman element was a bit hard to swallow for me too. Fring is meticulous in everything he does and that whole scenario was just too ridiculous to fathom. I still enjoyed the episode a lot but it was very far fetched versus what had gone before and goes on in Breaking Bad.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The crack hitman element was a bit hard to swallow for me too. Fring is meticulous in everything he does and that whole scenario was just too ridiculous to fathom. I still enjoyed the episode a lot but it was very far fetched versus what had gone before and goes on in Breaking Bad.

Exactly. They were crap and relied on Nacho getting them in without talking to him 1st and relied on getting a call in where there's no signal and he's surrounded at all times by the "enemy". 

I really enjoyed the season and thought it was great episode to finish on. 

the hit squad, sure they should have been better but they were over confident having a man on the inside but I’m going to let that slide, Lalo got lucky he knows it too.

however I do absolutely buy Kim’s change it’s been hinted at since the start, she’s always tried to do the right thing only for it more often than not to blow back in her face.

Think back to the early seasons when she was punished for helping Jimmy and worked her ass off and landed the big client at HHM but was sent back to the copy room, being second guessed by rich schwikart and everyone else. Even being dismissed by Kevin at Mesa Verde about the call centre when she knows she was right. She’s proved herself over and over but always is underestimated and dismissed. Hell even Jimmy dismisses her at the end of the episode as he thought she couldn’t live with going after Hamlin. “Who 

The background we got about her mom reinforces her inferiority complex how she will never be good enough and the only times we ever see her care free and relaxed is when she’s playing her own version of slippin jimmy. She loves the power it gives her to be someone else as she doesn’t like herself no matter how good she is and how hard she works.

She’s the school teacher Walter white was when we first met him but by getting glimpses of the power and feeing strong for the first time even for short periods it corrupts. she doesn’t want to be weak or dismissed shes rebuild herself into the powerful person she didn’t think she could ever be. She’s breaking bad. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

I've used lockdown to watch BB and watched the final episode of BCS tonight and loved it. I havent bothered with El Camino as I couldnt get to grips with Jesse, just didnt like him or relate to him.

Cant wait for season 6 to see what happens with Lalo and how Kim goes

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Been rewatching this, am midway through season 3 and it's even better on second viewing, phenomenal show.

Chuck's a massive cunt but that storyline in season 3 with him trying to get Jimmy disbarred is truly captivating TV, especially the court hearing 

• Upvote 4