You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

It's an excellent start and has exceeded all my expectations so far. I was worried that this could have easily turned into a show about Saul the lawyer cracking quips and getting clients off each week. Instead we have layered storyline with far more potential.

Completely agree mate. BCS had red flags waving from every orrifice but it has been absolutely ace from minute 1.

To be fair Breaking Bad was so boring yet addictive at the beginning, I nearly stopped watching it twice. Then all of sudden just got brilliant, I think the purpose of both programmes is to add so much depth to the characters, you sort of understand why they are doing what they are.

I like it, Saul is probably the best character from Breaking Bad. I loved the explanation of his name, after countless episodes I never realised it meant "it's all good man".

I can honestly say that I never watched any program ever before which even comes close to matching the outright cuntishness of the female characters in BB.

From the very start to the very end, I fucking detested both of those pernicious cunts. Zero redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Thought this weeks episode 6 was fantastic; the acting in the final scene was some of the best I can ever recall from a tv show, just absolutely brilliant.

Must say, I started watching Better Call Saul with some trepidation, thinking it was really on a hiding to nothing, half expecting some half arsed throw away cash in. Nothing of the sort, conversely this first series is proving (at least to me) to be streets ahead of the first couple of series of BB.

Six episodes of brilliant TV.

• Upvote 1

I agree, an excellent episode mainly due to the acting ability of Jonathan Banks - he plays Mike to perfection. It'll be interesting to see how often they flip between comedy and drama in this show, so far they've done it very well. I agree with Carvalho about it leaving a better first impression than Breaking Bad, just hope they manage to maintain the high standards.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yep, another good one. I had worried it much just be cashingnin on the success of Breaking Bad, but it is a good show in its own right.

The only thing that's going to spoil it slightly is if the series goes on for say 5/6 seasons, Jonathan Banks will be ageing quite a bit I'd imagine, well he's going to look older and older whilst his character is supposed to be younger than in Breaking Bad.

All in all its started off a lot better than Breaking Bad did.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Holy shit.

Being subjective, an' all, it's hard to say he's wrong. What I can say is that, in my view, he's quite a long way off being right. He can't even see right from where he's standing.

I liked it from the start but I do take you point, if you finish watching BB though and decide Saul was the best character, well, sheeeeeet.

Yeah saw your edit and that changes what I thought you meant.

Walter, Fring, hank and Mike are all better characters. So he does make it into the top 5 for me.