Mark M

Liverpool vs Spurs

Gerrard? Just can't see that.

Carra was saying earlier in the season he was struggling in that position because he had no one to play his long passes up front to, tonight Sturridge is back.

Normally I wouldn't like Gerrard in that position but we need to win and it's an attacking move.

Lallana and Allen, combined 40 million fucking pounds, are both so bad they can't start ahead of Gerrard, his 3rd game in 6 days. Fucking hell.

Lambert and Balotelli, but no Borini - back in the freezer for what?

I'd like to know How Rodgers chooses between Balotelli and Borini as to who goes on bench as they seen to almost take turns at being in squad. Would assume it's what he sees in training but surely it wouldn't be such a case of in and out, and there seems no real pattern in terms of the opposition

I'd like to know How Rodgers chooses between Balotelli and Borini as to who goes on bench as they seen to almost take turns at being in squad. Would assume it's what he sees in training but surely it wouldn't be such a case of in and out, and there seems no real pattern in terms of the opposition

I posted he would be on the bench a few pages back, he hasn't been in the squad lately because we have been playing away imo, every performance is scrutinised and he has a better chance doing something at home with Sturridge back.

Gerrard in central midfield, starting with 10 then. Also guarantees Henderson has a crap game as he will be running around covering for Gerrard.

Gerrard playing tonight and not Saturday against Palace makes sense to me. He would be expected to do a lot more running and chasing away against them than at home to these. Be Allen at Palace

Can should be moved into midfield for tonight, I don't get or care for Rodgers's reasoning. Lovren has to come back in at some point as he'll be needed for the run in and the break should have done him well. Big night for Markovic, can see him being hauled off first if we're struggling.

Do you reckon Brendan tosses a coin when trying to decide who's on the bench out of Mario, Lambert and Borini?

No, Balotelli gets criticised for his work rate any performance he plays and doesn't score, playing away where we are out of possession for periods he looks worse.

I thought before and it looks like Rodgers was waiting for sturtidge to come back and then try get Mario a bit of confidence playing in home games.

Any Irish reds want to catch this on BT then Setanta sports are doing a deal €9.99 for 3 months.  Get on it

Midfield's an area we're going to have to win and on paper, it does look a bit of a worry.

However, not sure if we have seen Gerrard as the holder yet, with a back three? I don't think we have?

If not, then maybe this could turn out to be another surprisingly good move for him, because as immobile as he is, the fact that he has a faux-sweeper and no gaps from splitting centre backs behind him means he'll have less space to cover (thank God, given it'll be his third game in less than a week).

This might also allow him to focus on just playing the ball from deep up to Sturridge, Markovic, Ibe and Coutinho. All mobile players, with pace. With better options in-front and behind him, perhaps Gerrard can surprise us if he does play there tonight.