You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Spurs

Mark M

I'm surprised Can isn't shouting at interviewer in his German panzer tank commander style. Interesting that James said that he blames Can for the first spurs goal. Said he left his position instead of staying put. I'd counter that with the fact that the midfield stood there watching it all unfold so he prob thought,fuck I've to sort this.

Fucking well chuffed with that.

Missing Lucas and Sterling I was a bit worried about us at the back and the front, but coming through that was brilliant and should be good for the lads too missing those two players but beating a team above us.

3 points off 3rd. Who wants Rodgers sacked?

• Upvote 2

What a result!

We probably just shaded the game but I think we're a bit fortunate to come away with all 3 points.  Saying that, their second should never have stood so I suppose we probably did just about deserve it in the end.

Spurs are a decent side but they were woeful that first half - woeful.  We were slightly better but still nothing special, really.  In the second half both teams stepped it up and as a result the game feels like it was played at a higher level than it actually was, in reality overall I didn't think either team were great.

Winning this is huge for confidence, for our place in the table, for our chances at top four, for everything.  Such an important result.  I'm absolutely buzzing.

Oh, and Ibe is a revelation.  I watch an awful lot of the youth teams and I admit I didn't rate him as highly as some others did.  He was always very good but I would hear comparisons to Sterling and think "What?" because he's not on that level.  However, just because you're not on Sterling's level at age 19 doesn't mean you're rubbish.  He has been very good and the best part is that he's utterly fearless.  He will go a long way with that mentality, because he certainly has the athletic ability.

• Upvote 1

Oh, and Ibe is a revelation.  I watch an awful lot of the youth teams and I admit I didn't rate him as highly as some others did.  He was always very good but I would hear comparisons to Sterling and think "What?" because he's not on that level.  However, just because you're not on Sterling's level at age 19 doesn't mean you're rubbish.  He has been very good and the best part is that he's utterly fearless.  He will go a long way with that mentality, because he certainly has the athletic ability.

He's fast, powerful, and direct. I approve...

I'm surprised Can isn't shouting at interviewer in his German panzer tank commander style. Interesting that James said that he blames Can for the first spurs goal. Said he left his position instead of staying put. I'd counter that with the fact that the midfield stood there watching it all unfold so he prob thought,fuck I've to sort this.

For a man who lost numerous goals to errors you'd think James would be a bit more circumspect but hey ho.

Henderson caused the problem when he flew in, didnt win the ball, got caught out of position then started wailing where was his back up instead of closing the ball down again. Then the comedy of errors that just keeps giving went arse over tip (lucky not to have been sent off for that piss poor attempt at a rugby tackle) to give kane a free run.

One more thing that hasn't gotten enough attention - the absolutely brilliant piece of cynicism by Sakho to yank Dembele's ankle out from under him.  

That was the epitome of a professional foul: no chance he'd be red-carded, and saved the team from a very dangerous counterattack when he'd slipped.  Pure genius and pure shithouse at the same time.

• Upvote 3

What I loved tonight was that as the game went on you could see players looking to give the ball to him when they had other options because they knew what he would do with it.  Must be great as a young lad coming into the side and knowing your team-mates have that level of confidence in you.  He's got a long way to go for sure but he's great to watch, I love a player who gets the ball and runs at people.  As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, although he can dribble a bit much at times (he looks like if you stood him on the East Lancs with a ball at his feet he'd end up in Manchester) he's not afraid to stop, put his foot on it and take a second too if he sees a blind alley.  That's the side of the game that will improve with experience anyway, he's an exciting talent though for sure.