You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Spurs

Mark M

Maybe Coutinho is carrying a knock? It was only 7 days ago that he was MOTM and people were saying he was the best 10 in form in the league. After Palace, rest him until Southampton. Leave him out for Besiktas.

I'd leave him out for Palace too. It's one area of the pitch that this squad is well-stocked, so it'd be as good a time to rest him as any. Then there is the option of having him on the bench for Besiktas if need be. 

Thought spurs played very well in patches last night. They really tested us and on more than one occasion, we couldnt get near the ball.

Anyway, enough of them, sure I dont think we were on the blob, a number of players didnt have good games. Let's not forget that for a shit lino decision with kane's offside, they wouldnt have got back in that game.

That walker is a right twat making out he came off worse tangling with Can. I actually thought rose's 'tackle' in the first half was a red. I mean two foot off the ground lunge was supposed to be a straight red, isnt it? Maybe Im being harsh but when you consider the cards dowd brandished last night, he got off there.

True there's not much there, maybe Jose Mauri? Or possibly Bardi.

I'd be surprised if Inter sold Bardi, as I reckon Handanovic will move on in the summer. They've got Carrizo as well, but he can't have played for ages.

Not seen much of Mauri. He's only about nine, isn't he?

We need a proper first choice central midfielder. Well, more than one really.

I'd be surprised if Inter sold Bardi, as I reckon Handanovic will move on in the summer. They've got Carrizo as well, but he can't have played for ages.

I don't like his eyes.  They have a touch of the Aquilani's about them.

Francesco+Bardi+Italy+v+Israel+UEFA+Euro

• Upvote 1

Agreed, and yeah Mauri is young, only 18. He's supposed to be a player who's got potential to be really good, apparently there is a bit of Mascherano about him but I've seen very little of him. It could be us maybe seeing an opportunity to take advantage of Parma's financial problems and pending relegation. No idea how much he'd cost but if it limits what we can spend on more important needs then we should let somebody else take a punt on him.

As for Bardi, we were linked with Perrin who has a similar history, both Italian youth internationals, and maybe getting Perrin is difficult so we are looking at alternatives. Although if Rodgers went to watch him yesterday then he will have been disappointed as he didn't play. But like you said if Handanovic does move on then they're more likely to keep him.