You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Spurs

Mark M

Lallana and Allen, combined 40 million fucking pounds, are both so bad they can't start ahead of Gerrard, his 3rd game in 6 days. Fucking hell.

Lambert and Balotelli, but no Borini - back in the freezer for what?

I'd like to know How Rodgers chooses between Balotelli and Borini as to who goes on bench as they seen to almost take turns at being in squad. Would assume it's what he sees in training but surely it wouldn't be such a case of in and out, and there seems no real pattern in terms of the opposition

I'd like to know How Rodgers chooses between Balotelli and Borini as to who goes on bench as they seen to almost take turns at being in squad. Would assume it's what he sees in training but surely it wouldn't be such a case of in and out, and there seems no real pattern in terms of the opposition

I posted he would be on the bench a few pages back, he hasn't been in the squad lately because we have been playing away imo, every performance is scrutinised and he has a better chance doing something at home with Sturridge back.

Do you reckon Brendan tosses a coin when trying to decide who's on the bench out of Mario, Lambert and Borini?

No, Balotelli gets criticised for his work rate any performance he plays and doesn't score, playing away where we are out of possession for periods he looks worse.

I thought before and it looks like Rodgers was waiting for sturtidge to come back and then try get Mario a bit of confidence playing in home games.

Midfield's an area we're going to have to win and on paper, it does look a bit of a worry.

However, not sure if we have seen Gerrard as the holder yet, with a back three? I don't think we have?

If not, then maybe this could turn out to be another surprisingly good move for him, because as immobile as he is, the fact that he has a faux-sweeper and no gaps from splitting centre backs behind him means he'll have less space to cover (thank God, given it'll be his third game in less than a week).

This might also allow him to focus on just playing the ball from deep up to Sturridge, Markovic, Ibe and Coutinho. All mobile players, with pace. With better options in-front and behind him, perhaps Gerrard can surprise us if he does play there tonight.