You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Terrible (HD) illegal movie/tv streaming

Melchett

The cartoon hd app is blocked from the App Store- but some nasty bastards have a workaround. They figure if you go and search on your favourite search engine How To Install Cartoon HD On IPad, bad people can still get it.

That's ridiculous it's so easy. These fiends should be locked up.

If I was to visit these site in error and get confused with all the adverts and questions asking for password ,card details . how would one deal with this ?

I don't agree with illegal downloading in the slightest .

Just give your card details and I will sort it for you.

• Upvote 1

Sadly not.

I just dropped in to confirm that I haven't watched three recent-release movies using these sites in the last week and that even if I had, I would in no way be grateful to the earlier posters for mentioning them.  It's a good job that here on TLW we have such an upstanding and law-abiding group of posters who refuse to condone or support this kind of blatant time and money saving activity.

In view of that, I'm sure that nobody will be along quite soon with an answer to your friend's dilemma.  If I had to guess though, I'd say bandwidth problems on his wireless connection.  HD streaming sends a relatively large amount of data so if his wireless is less than optimal it may be struggling.  In short, if the app is just running on the nexus, your friend will be streaming from the internet to the nexus and then from the nexus to the tv (chromecast dongle), doubling the bandwidth usage.  Just using chromecast to access say netflix doesn't have the same issue because the stream just goes direct from the internet to the tv (well the chromecast dongle) without the need to 'bounce' it there from the nexus.

I would wait for the posters with more technical knowledge than I have about streaming to not answer this though.

With that God-awful flixanity website they MAKE MONEY from people clicking anything except the links that say 'watch'. So if you accidentally went there in the first place, and accidentally clicked on a film or TV show of interest then tried to download it, stream it, or do anything but just click 'watch' then you'll be taken to another site that might fleece you.

So yeah, for avoidance of doubt... definitely don't only watch content that has a Watch button.

• Upvote 1

If I was to visit these site in error and get confused with all the adverts and questions asking for password ,card details . how would one deal with this ?

I don't agree with illegal downloading in the slightest .

Firstly use an adblocker plugin on your web browser if you don't already.  If you read that and think 'fuck this internet is hard, how do I do that then?' just tell us what browser you use.

There's no harm at all in registering an account on flixanity itself, obviously just so you can keep track of the depth of their wrongdoing - I have one.  Worst case scenario is that they spam your e-mail with shite and pass it on to lots of other people who do the same.  This is dealt with by making a hotmail or gmail account which you only use to register for things online; at the last check I had about 3,000 spam e-mails in the e-mail account I use for registrations which is roughly 3,000 more fucks than I give about it since I never use the account.

As for actually watching stuff, I think it's important that you don't slip up and end up accessing any of this terrible content without realising what you've done, so here's a handy pictorial guide.  In this example I am taking great care not to watch the first epsiode of Fortitude.

2ag8fad.jpg

• Upvote 3

The cartoon hd app is blocked from the App Store- but some nasty bastards have a workaround. They figure if you go and search on your favourite search engine How To Install Cartoon HD On IPad, bad people can still get it.

Lord above, won't somebody please think of the Children......... Oh the humanity of it all!

Sadly not.

I just dropped in to confirm that I haven't watched three recent-release movies using these sites in the last week and that even if I had, I would in no way be grateful to the earlier posters for mentioning them.  It's a good job that here on TLW we have such an upstanding and law-abiding group of posters who refuse to condone or support this kind of blatant time and money saving activity.

In view of that, I'm sure that nobody will be along quite soon with an answer to your friend's dilemma.  If I had to guess though, I'd say bandwidth problems on his wireless connection.  HD streaming sends a relatively large amount of data so if his wireless is less than optimal it may be struggling.  In short, if the app is just running on the nexus, your friend will be streaming from the internet to the nexus and then from the nexus to the tv (chromecast dongle), doubling the bandwidth usage.  Just using chromecast to access say netflix doesn't have the same issue because the stream just goes direct from the internet to the tv (well the chromecast dongle) without the need to 'bounce' it there from the nexus.

I would wait for the posters with more technical knowledge than I have about streaming to not answer this though.

My friend has 80 meg fibre broadband, The picture etc is ace on BT sport and BBC iplayer through his Nexus 5 phone by terrible through mobdro etc

My friend has 80 meg fibre broadband, The picture etc is ace on BT sport and BBC iplayer through his Nexus 5 phone by terrible through mobdro etc

Well assuming that your friend really means 'terrible' and not just 'not quite as good' I'm afraid he will have to wait for the mobdro experts to not respond to the issue.

Some awful content in this thread. Terrible. I've recently purchased a smart TV. I'm hoping none of the apps mentioned are downloadable to my TV? I was going to avoid downloading any of the apps to my android tablet and streaming to the TV but imagine how dreadful it would be should they just be downloadable to the telly. *shakes head*

• 3 weeks later...

I went to check cartoonhd was not working the other day and it seemed to be needing a sign in for a free trial to watch anything. Now obviously i dont condone any of these activities and was checking it wasn't working so the good people of liverpoolway didnt have to.

Now is this correct or is it sign up and watch?

Kal-El, always the investigative forumite I decided to take a little look for you. Now I've never used cartoon hd being the law abiding citizen I am, but curiosity got the better of me and found that I didn't need to sign in for a free trial and it seemed to play without (not that I tried obviously). There seems to be an option to download it as an app and by all means I won't watch the new films or tv shows on there, because that's just wrong.

You're going to have to forgive me here; I've never seen this thread before. As I'm reading through, I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that some respondents are perhaps being slightly disingenuous.

Can anyone please help put my mind at rest? I'd hate to think people were condoning anything that even remotely approaches illegality.

Kal-El, always the investigative forumite I decided to take a little look for you. Now I've never used cartoon hd being the law abiding citizen I am, but curiosity got the better of me and found that I didn't need to sign in for a free trial and it seemed to play without (not that I tried obviously). There seems to be an option to download it as an app and by all means I won't watch the new films or tv shows on there, because that's just wrong.

Ill use powers to investigate further

Cartoon HD keep threatening to close forever if they don't get enough retweets. Then they said they were going members only. Then they changed their mind. They are like an attention seeking teenager right now. I wouldn't sign up to anything like that with any email address that you don't mind being spammed as they probably sell them on.

The Cartoon HD addon for XBMC is quite good.