You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay v Bolton match thread

Paco

Not a good performance tonight. I dont like complaining about the refs being 'against us' but fuck me, once again a ref let fucking yarddogs kick lumps out of us particularly sterling and coutinho. Just what is it with these clowns? Do they want to see one of these gifted players snapped in half before they do anything?

Anyway I thought it was a pen. Makes me laugh though, if that had of been suarez going down he wouldnt have got the pen and the howls of indignation from some would be very very loud.

It seemed to me we again tried to walk the ball into the net for most of the match. The 2nd yellow was well deserved and maybe if the ref had of waved a few more yellows at bolton's players, he might not have had to wave the 2nd yellow and red? Who knows?

Looked to me like we were going out up to that point. Everything we hit into the box either hit one of theirs, was headed out or hit the woodwork.

Left it late but once sterling scored it was just a question of when we got the second. And a nice strike it was from coutinho. Did it take a nick of that trotter? Anyway even that fucker had to touch the bar on the way in.

Thankfully we were spared extra time before facing the shite. Palace away wont be easy in the next round.

I think Sturridge still looked a good 2 or 3 games off match fitness tonight.

Lots of heavy first touches.

Bench still for the derby, for me.

Are you saying this just to be contrarian or do you really think so?

Because that is crazy talk if it's the latter.  I can see an argument for changing other parts of the team (maybe Manquillo for Markovic, for example, to marshal Everton's only real threat in Baines) but Sturridge is a must-start unless he's not fit.  Must.  Start.

• Upvote 1

Manager reaction

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool

Posted at22:02

Bolton boss Neil Lennon: "I'm not happy with the referee tonight at all. Neil Danns' first yellow card was not a booking and I'm not convinced that our penalty was a penalty either.

"This is a step up in class and you have to concentrate for 96 minutes. They scored two good goals but they could have been avoided. We were foot perfect for nearly 180 minutes in defence but it wasn't quite enough.

Are you saying this just to be contrarian or do you really think so?

Because that is crazy talk if it's the latter. I can see an argument for changing other parts of the team (maybe Manquillo for Markovic, for example, to marshal Everton's only real threat in Baines) but Sturridge is a must-start unless he's not fit. Must. Start.

I really think so.

If you catch it again, look how many heavy touches he had. He looked a good way from fitness.

Have him on the bench, for if he's needed.

But, bigger picture thinking. We've got enough to beat them anyway, and I think it's too early to start him.