You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Reus just signed a new contract at Dortmund, surprisingly.

Imminent. 

That's actually good news, as it means one of our rivals can't sign him.

Really?  No release clause then?  To be honest when I see a player in his situation, class act at a side who are underperforming, sign a new deal, it makes me more convinced that they're about to leave not less, with the new contract being more about the clb protecting his sale value than having any realistic expectation of keeping him.

See also: Luis Suarez.

Liked this bit:

In December 2014, Reus was fined over £500,000 for driving without a licence, having been issued with speeding tickets on at least five occasions since 2011 without authorities knowing that he was not licensed. When convicted, Reus said "The reasons I did it are something I cannot really understand". Prior to his conviction, he had appeared in commercials for cars and petrol.

Oh, we can, lad.

Really?  No release clause then?  To be honest when I see a player in his situation, class act at a side who are underperforming, sign a new deal, it makes me more convinced that they're about to leave not less, with the new contract being more about the clb protecting his sale value than having any realistic expectation of keeping him.

See also: Luis Suarez.

Unlike Suarez, Reus hasn't been trying to force his way out of his club. And he gains little from increasing the release clause which actually did exist in his contract...

I tell you, I'm watching this Barca - Villareal game and Vietto is a player.  Hasn't had much of the ball but when he gets it he's quality.  Fashioned a pretty good shot out of a cross that was a little behind him (great save by ter Stegen) and just now set up one of the midfielders for a very good chance with a perfectly weighted ball.

Colour me officially interested in us pursuing him.

Edit: and just now against Mascherano one on one he opens himself a yard of space and stands a very good cross up for Dos Santos (who wastes it with a tame header at Barca's goal).  Like I said, he's not getting much of the ball as Barca are completely dominant, but when he has gotten it he looks promising.

Oh, and watching this is making me remember how much I miss Suarez.  Worraplayer.

• Upvote 2