You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I'd like to see Illamarendi come in as we look a defensive player short in the middle, but that doesn't appear to be Brendan's style. On the other hand part of me wants to see the lads we've already got, like Can, see plenty of action. I'd hate to see some good players waste away here and then go on to be very good elsewhere, and we are starting to get to the stage where that is possible.  

On the face of it we need a dm and a lb to compete with Moreno, but I could see the thinking in using the players already at the club if we get neither. 

I think getting a CB in is more important than a defensive midfielder. It is absolutely crucial to our success that neither Lovren nor Toure start more than 10 games.

The problem is that Rodgers sees Lovren as first choice, so buying another wouldn't change anything.

Lovren and Toure should be 4th and 5th choice.

I think getting a CB in is more important than a defensive midfielder. It is absolutely crucial to our success that neither Lovren nor Toure start more than 10 games.

We need both and a better keeper but Rodgers has a blind spot where our defense is concerned . A bit like Lovren and Toure both of whom will definitely be starting more than 10 games if the voodoo dolls I have been sticking pins in all summer fail to do the trick.

Media in Norway reports that Edvard Sandvik Tagseth (14) has signed a pre-deal with LFC, that will make him a LFC player when he turns 16 in 1 1/2 years time. In the deal there's also an agreement that he will sign a professional deal when he turns 17.

Edvard is one of the best, if not the best, 14 year old in Norway, and has been on trials at United, City, Everton and LFC, with standing trial offers from several other top European clubs. In the end he picked LFC - he's also a LFC fan himself. When he was at the LFC academy he went with the U14 team abroad to play in a tournament - and scored a goal.

I've watched him play myself, when he played in Norway Cup back in July, and he's a proper player. He played for a U14 team in the tournament, and was leaps and bounds ahead of the other players in the team. He's a very skilled player; he dribbles past his opponents, is a great passer and crosser of the ball, has a good shot, and even works hard defensively. He scored a few goals in the tournament, amongst others two goals from free kick - from 20-30 meters - in the top left corner. Great stuff.

A video of him can be seen here: http://www.tv2.no/v/940403/

If he continues his development I'm sure we will see him get a chance for the 1st team in a few years time. Exciting stuff. :-)

• Upvote 4

We will be buying Lionel Messi's frozen sperm soon

There's your signing JP.

Ian Ayre on whether #LFC are going to sign more players "We are happy with the business we've done but you can never say never in football"

I'll be amazed if we don't buy atleast one more player, I can't believe the club will be happy to have Moreno as the only lb at the club, even if Enrique stays he can't be counted on to stay fit.

I've been happy with what the owners have done while here and have felt they always supported BR with money, if we don't sign anyone else I might start believing they don't want to spend any money. I can't believe BR would take any chances with any positions when he knows this will be a defining season for him.

Ian Ayre on whether #LFC are going to sign more players "We are happy with the business we've done but you can never say never in football"

I'll be amazed if we don't buy atleast one more player, I can't believe the club will be happy to have Moreno as the only lb at the club, even if Enrique stays he can't be counted on to stay fit.

I've been happy with what the owners have done while here and have felt they always supported BR with money, if we don't sign anyone else I might start believing they don't want to spend any money. I can't believe BR would take any chances with any positions when he knows this will be a defining season for him.

We probably do need strengthening in a few more areas but I can't see Rodgers getting too many more free picks with the situation he now finds himself in. FSG could point to the cost of the defence he has already and ask to see improvement rather than even more new players.

Media in Norway reports that Edvard Sandvik Tagseth (14) has signed a pre-deal with LFC, that will make him a LFC player when he turns 16 in 1 1/2 years time. In the deal there's also an agreement that he will sign a professional deal when he turns 17.

Edvard is one of the best, if not the best, 14 year old in Norway, and has been on trials at United, City, Everton and LFC, with standing trial offers from several other top European clubs. In the end he picked LFC - he's also a LFC fan himself. When he was at the LFC academy he went with the U14 team abroad to play in a tournament - and scored a goal.

I've watched him play myself, when he played in Norway Cup back in July, and he's a proper player. He played for a U14 team in the tournament, and was leaps and bounds ahead of the other players in the team. He's a very skilled player; he dribbles past his opponents, is a great passer and crosser of the ball, has a good shot, and even works hard defensively. He scored a few goals in the tournament, amongst others two goals from free kick - from 20-30 meters - in the top left corner. Great stuff.

A video of him can be seen here: http://www.tv2.no/v/940403/

If he continues his development I'm sure we will see him get a chance for the 1st team in a few years time. Exciting stuff. :-)

Hate him, the fuckin quim.

Isn't that Denis Cheryshev going to Arsenal? don't understand why like because he won't play regularly.

He looks proper shit here.

Has he even been linked with them? Every transfer link for Cheryshev I've seen mentions us. We don't need another player in his position in my opinion, and I'm not sure Arsenal do either.

Apparently we've turned down £5.5m for Borini from Fiorentina.

Too right. Italian club in pretend to be poor shocker. You're not owned by Cecchi Gori* any more you tight bastards!

*He was the owner who left them up the financial swanny a decade ago which saw them relegated to the 3rd or 4th tier of Italian football.