You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

We can only hope that our worst fears are confirmed and that we'll continue in the same vein that we finished last season. The alternative - that our consumption of whoscored and streams of Romanian third tier fixtures doesn't make us the experts we profess to be - is an altogether more horrific prospect.

Can't we just all agree that we despise each other and then get on with talking about the team?

As a matter of intrigue-

Having frivolously paid up membership I've yet to even so much as click on the mythical land that is the members forum...

Is it full of Shankly/Gandalf type wisdom exchanged between well versed and reasonable gentlemen all quaffing champers and puffing castella's as they chortle about the futility of us fellows in the filthy, rancid FF?

As a matter of intrigue-

Having frivolously paid up membership I've yet to even so much as click on the mythical land that is the members forum...

Is it full of Shankly/Gandalf type wisdom exchanged between well versed and reasonable gentlemen all quaffing champers and puffing castella's as they chortle about the futility of us fellows in the filthy, rancid FF?

It will be well above your level mate.

It's well above everyone's level apart from a tiny handful.

As a matter of intrigue-

Do you like to read the musings of the same three people generally agreeing with each other?

• Upvote 2

As a matter of intrigue-

You've pretty much nailed it right there. There's also one members spouse who projects our scores on her tits and you get the chance to not win a fridge magnet every Sunday/Monday.

As a matter of intrigue-

no dave its just Tony Moanero informing us he has not heard of anyone.

It would be nice if Rodgers could be given a fresh start or a fair shake this season. I am well aware of what went before, but since the owners have backed him it doesn't seem right that fans are so negative all the time. It's like a baying mob is poised, waiting for confirmation that they were right all along and the Liverpool manager is a bad 'un. It doesn't feel healthy. 

We all know the score with Brendan. But is it possible to suspend reservations about the manager and see what the new season brings? It is becoming increasingly difficult to cheer for your team when so many nay-sayers are sticking the boot in. It almost feels as though optimism is not allowed any more. 

I think we have some good players and I can't wait for the action to begin. Like everyone else I am aware of Brendan's flaws, but I will be hoping he does well this season because that will mean Liverpool will do well. If Rodgers falls short he will be sacked. But I certainly won't be engaging in "I told you so" because it's a sadness to me if the Liverpool manager doesn't make the grade. (Hodgson aside - I will make an exception for him as that was such a strange appointment and he was never a Liverpool man). 

I'm calling on fans to back the manager and the team he is leading into the new season. 

"But he can't set up the defence! And he hasn't signed a defensive midfielder! And he plays players out of position! And he doesn't know his best team! And he's got loads of central defenders but not a good 'un! And there's too many no.10s! And we overpaid for Lallana! And Benteke doesn't have good movement. And... and... and..." 

Bwaaaak! Bwaaaak! Bwaaaak!

It's getting a bit tiring and we haven't even kicked off yet. 

Back the players. 

Back the team. 

And yes, back the manager. 

YNWA

• Upvote 6

I cant see how we are going to naturally accomodate a lot of our players in any of the formations Rodgers favours.

If we play 4-3-3 you would have to think it would be Firmino- Benteke- Coutinho up front, with a probable midfield of Milner-Henderson-Lucas/Can ? 

Even if he deploys a 3/5/2- 5/3/2 , He could Fit Ings in alongside Benteke up front, but you would have to look at Gomez, Clyne as wing backs , same 3 in the centre, leaving no place for Coutinho or Firmino.

Basically our squad doesnt look balanced.

• Upvote 1

There are some absolute shithouse posts in this thread. The quality of posters on this website has fallen through the floor.

Yep

FF is worse

This is pretty much what the MF is like most of the time.

I cant see how we are going to naturally accomodate a lot of our players in any of the formations Rodgers favours.

If we play 4-3-3 you would have to think it would be Firmino- Benteke- Coutinho up front, with a probable midfield of Milner-Henderson-Lucas/Can ?

Even if he deploys a 3/5/2- 5/3/2 , He could Fit Ings in alongside Benteke up front, but you would have to look at Gomez, Clyne as wing backs , same 3 in the centre, leaving no place for Coutinho or Firmino.

Basically our squad doesnt look balanced.

It has been unbalanced ever since Rodgers started spending money on it

I bet it is. You couldn't pay me to go in there. Or should I say - I haven't paid to go in there.

Ive paid but it sounds like the nightclub you only go in if your utterly off your face and immediately either throw up, start a fight, or fall asleep and get kicked out.

Maybe I'll try that  

It would be nice if Rodgers could be given a fresh start or a fair shake this season. I am well aware of what went before, but since the owners have backed him it doesn't seem right that fans are so negative all the time. It's like a baying mob is poised, waiting for confirmation that they were right all along and the Liverpool manager is a bad 'un. It doesn't feel healthy. 

We all know the score with Brendan. But is it possible to suspend reservations about the manager and see what the new season brings? It is becoming increasingly difficult to cheer for your team when so many nay-sayers are sticking the boot in. It almost feels as though optimism is not allowed any more. 

I think we have some good players and I can't wait for the action to begin. Like everyone else I am aware of Brendan's flaws, but I will be hoping he does well this season because that will mean Liverpool will do well. If Rodgers falls short he will be sacked. But I certainly won't be engaging in "I told you so" because it's a sadness to me if the Liverpool manager doesn't make the grade. (Hodgson aside - I will make an exception for him as that was such a strange appointment and he was never a Liverpool man). 

I'm calling on fans to back the manager and the team he is leading into the new season. 

"But he can't set up the defence! And he hasn't signed a defensive midfielder! And he plays players out of position! And he doesn't know his best team! And he's got loads of central defenders but not a good 'un! And there's too many no.10s! And we overpaid for Lallana! And Benteke doesn't have good movement. And... and... and..." 

Bwaaaak! Bwaaaak! Bwaaaak!

It's getting a bit tiring and we haven't even kicked off yet. 

Back the players. 

Back the team. 

And yes, back the manager. 

YNWA

I think you'll find even the most hate-filled anti Rodgers posters on here will be fully behind the team come kick off at Stoke, or for any other fixture to be honest. The passion for the club overrides all this internet warrior nonsense.

However, if, on the other hand your admirable rallying cry was aimed at bringing unison and togetherness on the forum inparticular, forget it!

We could win the treble and you'd still get the usual supsects battling it out in faux fury at net spend and, more importantly beans on a fry up.

I wouldnt have it any other way.....   

• Upvote 2

I think you'll find even the most hate-filled anti Rodgers posters on here will be fully behind the team come kick off at Stoke, or for any other fixture to be honest. The passion for the club overrides all this internet warrior nonsense.

However, if, on the other hand your admirable rallying cry was aimed at bringing unison and togetherness on the forum inparticular, forget it!

We could win the treble and you'd still get the usual supsects battling it out in faux fury at net spend and, more importantly beans on a fry up.

I wouldnt have it any other way.....   

Amen...