You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I think most people are reasonably optimistic about the forward part of the team, but realise they're not going to replicate the SAS scoring feats. And for that reason they are looking behind the attacking players and getting nervous.

This is exactly my view.

I look at the AMs, Benteke and Sturridge - and even Ings as a back up - and think we should be able to score a goal or two against most teams in the league. That's a solid base for success.

However, once we've got that lead, I have little confidence that we'll find that middle gear, the one top four sides have that allows them to control games through a powerful midfield or a well organised defence, and coast from a lead to victory. 

I think most people are reasonably optimistic about the forward part of the team, but realise they're not going to replicate the SAS scoring feats. And for that reason they are looking behind the attacking players and getting nervous.

I don't know if I am reasonably optimistic. I've never seen firmino play (or if I have I dodnt remember) and find myself almost banking our season on him getting 20 goals already. I'm not convinced Rodgers will know how to get the best out of benteke and it will take me watching how we use him before feeling confident we can utilise him on a regular enough basis to see him as one of the top 2 or 3 goalscorer in the league.

I also know lots are pinning their hopes on Lallana making a step up from his ordinary start last seaskn and ibe contributing what sterling did. I don't see either of those things happening.

All in all I see another season similar to last time, we can probably move ahead of spurs, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of teams to go past us.

• Upvote 1

I think the fans who support the club are optimistic but then there is another bunch of whinging pussy's who feel the need to be negative about everything we do as a club and seem to want to be snide cunts

There definitely is a feel of "i will let everyone on the forum know im not happy, so if it goes wrong i can tell them all i was right"

I wonder if these "supporters" will come back here and say they got it wrong if we have a good season and win something. I doubt it, because some of the them are mancs in disguise and the rest are just wankers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I think the fans who support the club are optimistic but then there is another bunch of whinging pussy's who feel the need to be negative about everything we do as a club and seem to want to be snide cunts

There definitely is a feel of "i will let everyone on the forum know im not happy, so if it goes wrong i can tell them all i was right"

I wonder if these "supporters" will come back here and say they got it wrong if we have a good season and win something. I doubt it, because some of the them are mancs in disguise and the rest are just wankers.

I assume that was aimed at me. It would have been easier to reply to my post.

I assume that was aimed at me. It would have been easier to reply to my post.

Not at all mate, I'm just sick of the people who slate everything the club does before we have even played a competitive game. Fair enough people have reservations about Rodgers and some of the signings but they go overboard with the bullshit they type.

I've been on here a couple of months and there are some posters who have not said one single positive word about the club, fans, players or anything else. 

Why the fuck bother "supporting" us if all the want to do is slate us. Some people need a reality check. We haven't won the league for 25 odd years. We are in this situation for a number of reasons. Not just because of Rodgers, FSG or Christian Benteke. 

• Upvote 1

Not at all mate, I'm just sick of the people who slate everything the club does before we have even played a competitive game. Fair enough people have reservations about Rodgers and some of the signings but they go overboard with the bullshit they type.

I've been on here a couple of months and there are some posters who have not said one single positive word about the club, fans, players or anything else. 

Why the fuck bother "supporting" us if all the want to do is slate us. Some people need a reality check. We haven't won the league for 25 odd years. We are in this situation for a number of reasons. Not just because of Rodgers, FSG or Christian Benteke. 

and on the flip side we have the usual fucking idiots like yourself coming on here whining over people airing their own opinion.  It's not as if these opinions have no foundation either.  It's a forum deal with it or fuck off.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

There are a handful of posters on here who only post negative stuff, it makes for pretty grim reading at times to the point I actually feel a bit sorry for them.

I sometimes wonder what people did before the had the internet to moan about everything on, I post on a couple of music forums and you get them on there too so it must just be in some people's nature.

and on the flip side we have the usual fucking idiots like yourself coming on here whining over people airing their own opinion.  It's not as if these opinions have no foundation either.  It's a forum deal with it or fuck off.

So what you're saying is....you don't agree with my opinion?

Woosh mother fucker

Fair comment. What I would say, while you're right we've not won the league for 25 years because of FSG etc, they're in the seat now. There's no point looking into what Moores, rafa or Torres could do for us, FSG, Rodgers and benteke are the only ones who can help us today. When people see us fucking up or appearing to repeat mistakes of previous regimes, people can't help but get pissed off.

I think as a club we look like we're run by amateurs who think they've got some secret sauce to make us champions again. Until some at the club start proving otherwise, my assumption is they're not up to the job and my starting point with their decisions will remain pessimistic.

For a while I was worried that Nightcat's Naysayers would run away with it this season, but it seems as if Jermaine_Pennant has strengthened in some crucial areas over the summer, including a couple of promising individuals that can provide the angry vitriolic rants that Nightcat has thus far had a stranglehold on. Both sides seem evenly balanced in the smug condescension stakes, though JP might feel the loss of Major Tom's rock solid defense of asking endless questions until the opposition gouged their own faces off.

Should be an interesting battle this season for the Soul of LFC (The Internet Forum Division). 

• Upvote 3

The club is pretty shit at almost everything it does though

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There are some absolute shithouse posts in this thread. The quality of posters on this website has fallen through the floor.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Worse than the incessantly whining, needlessly negative cunts - worse even than the cunts who complain about those cunts; are the cunts who only post to complain about those cunts that complain about the cunts that whinge and cry about everything the club does. Those cunts have literally nothing to offer to the place.

• Upvote 1

Worse than the incessantly whining, needlessly negative cunts - worse even than the cunts who complain about those cunts; are the cunts who only post to complain about those cunts that complain about the cunts that whinge and cry about everything the club does. Those cunts have literally nothing to offer to the place.

Worse still you have those cunts that post about those cunts that complain about the cunts that whinge and cry about everything the club does.

There are some absolute shithouse posts in this thread. The quality of posters on this website has fallen through the floor.

If you're getting bored you can always have a laugh with the HILARIOUS BANTER on the Allan thread...

Tony M has a "persona"...

The shite served up at the end of last season culminating in that disgusting capitulation at Stoke is fair enough reason for people being pissed off and skeptical about this season.

I am sure people are and will be behind the team but you can't blame people for being pissed off and skeptical.

• Upvote 1

I think the reasoning behind that is the quality of the clubs decisions have fallen through the floor.

Without repeated shit decisions cunts like me wouldn't use this forum to express anger and frustrations against it.

You won't hear from me when we're doing well as I have an actual life to celebrate it in.

• Upvote 2