You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

These are far from facts 

Clyne is better than Johnson. 

Firmino and Sterling are even, but Sterling is disaffected and wants out, and I think Firmino will bring more goals, so I'd say this is in our favor. 

Ings is better than Lambert

Origi is better than Borini 

Milner is better than Gerrard at this stage of his career

We hope this is the case and want this to be the case but they haven't kicked a ball in a red shirt yet so we have no idea we don t need 25 30 players.
Every year now we should look at what is available to spend and if that allows for 1 or 2 star signings then that is what we bring in we are diluting what we have available by bringing in all these kids can anyone name one that has made it that didn't cost top dollar to bring in what i am saying is we go and buy the kids that stand out compete with our rivals and some we win some we lose but we don't do it with proven players people will quote Firmino but the player we wanted went to United and we signed the leftovers and that will be the same with the top strikers none will commit to LFC until the top clubs have done there business and we will take what is left  or pay way over the top for Benteka who will be another Andy Carroll a player whos strengths just dont fit the style of play

Benteke always plays well against us. So we should at least get 6 points from villa this season.

a positive I d take from watching him destroy us is that he loves a counter attack. He has all the physical attributes of a target man but he can shift a bit too unlike our current totem poles.

• Upvote 1

These are far from facts 

Firmino and Sterling are even, but Sterling is disaffected and wants out, and I think Firmino will bring more goals, so I'd say this is in our favor. 

That's fair enough. Just my opinion, and I think we have been solving some of our glaring deficiencies. Obviously we need a top striker though, and another midfielder would be nice. 

Correct Jose the problem is we will have spent best part of the transfer budget as it is Ballotelli will be sent back when the loan period is up or he will take up another loan at another club but we will not sign him that is for certain talk of both Borrini West Ham and WBA Lambert have deals in place the sales of Aspas and Coates will bring in around £20m and if Lucas one of the other CM players is sold that could see 2 CM players being signed and the fee from Sterling will bring in that striker My problem with Benteka is that he went about 2 or 3 months where he couldnt buy a goal and it took a change of manager to spark him into life again as a team we are soft as shite under Rogers we need some bite as to many teams have bullied us out of the game he is a big unit that wont let that happen 
And of all the players we have signed from Southampton the one player we should have signed is still there Morgan Schneiderlin and he looks set to join United or Arsenal and that is what is wrong at Liverpool in a nutshell

• Upvote 1

Balotellis on loan again now again now then come again, no hes gone again, when, who har? Oh, so no loan joe though me know, theres no coke, theres no note, is he on loan in hushed tones or blush hush pup lame duck.

Ive seen a film called coccoon so its best to keep an open minded aircon on about these tings, thereby thence leaving the eyes to the soul opened and get burgled on a hot day like this.

These are far from facts 

We hope this is the case and want this to be the case but they haven't kicked a ball in a red shirt yet so we have no idea we don t need 25 30 players.

Every year now we should look at what is available to spend and if that allows for 1 or 2 star signings then that is what we bring in we are diluting what we have available by bringing in all these kids can anyone name one that has made it that didn't cost top dollar to bring in what i am saying is we go and buy the kids that stand out compete with our rivals and some we win some we lose but we don't do it with proven players people will quote Firmino but the player we wanted went to United and we signed the leftovers and that will be the same with the top strikers none will commit to LFC until the top clubs have done there business and we will take what is left  or pay way over the top for Benteka who will be another Andy Carroll a player whos strengths just dont fit the style of play

Its really pintless as its not about being relative to ourself we could be ten times better but if the teams above us get twenty times better and those below thirty times better its gonna be shit, everyones got dollar in our league from tv deals and we have a potential marginal improvement theory in aid of the team that last time out stoke slotted six big sick dicks in our arse for 90 minutes and we are bleeding man. Fucking benteke is shite man hes like yakubu ot kevin campbell.

Just watching highlights of ARG-PAR and we could've had Lucas Barrios for not a lot, he will sign with Palmerias after the Copa. Don't know what the price was but I doubt it was more than say 8M€ or so.. And he's quite decent. A mercenary. But decent and I'd have him here over Benteke.

Talksport aren't reliable and I've never once heard an exclusive from Beecroft.It wouldn't surprise me if the deal is close though and common sense tells us the club will be trying to get deals done in the next few days so they can join the squad at the start of pre season.

Who cares?

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: "My understanding is Christian Benteke, who has been on their radar for some time, is very close indeed to signing for Liverpool.

"I expect him to sign if not today then certainly in the not too distant future. Liverpool have done their work and have sealed a deal [with Aston Villa]."

Brendan Rodgers has already made five signings this summer - James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino - while a deal for Southampton full-back Nathaniel Clyne is also imminent.

But Beecroft insists Rodgers' summer shopping spree will not stop with Benteke, as he also has his sights on a new left-back.

"They are also interested in Ludwig Augustinsson, who played last night for Sweden Under-21s against Portugal," he said.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-have-agreed-deal-aston-villa-striker-christian-benteke-anfield-insider-tells#YrqZiVvAVYOit3Ye.99

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: "My understanding is Christian Benteke, who has been on their radar for some time, is very close indeed to signing for Liverpool.

"I expect him to sign if not today then certainly in the not too distant future. Liverpool have done their work and have sealed a deal [with Aston Villa]."

Brendan Rodgers has already made five signings this summer - James Milner, Danny Ings, Adam Bogdan, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino - while a deal for Southampton full-back Nathaniel Clyne is also imminent.

But Beecroft insists Rodgers' summer shopping spree will not stop with Benteke, as he also has his sights on a new left-back.

"They are also interested in Ludwig Augustinsson, who played last night for Sweden Under-21s against Portugal," he said.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-have-agreed-deal-aston-villa-striker-christian-benteke-anfield-insider-tells#YrqZiVvAVYOit3Ye.99

brazil said sterling to city was a done deal a month ago. It may well happen but its not done yet.

Benteke and swedish left back and will that be it?

Kovacic? Illarmarendi? Cattermole?