You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Gervinho demanded a 'helicopter and a private beach' to move from Roma to Al-Jazira

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gervinho-demanded-helicopter-private-beach-5973489

This makes Raheem's contract requirements seem sensible.

Someone on here once posted the question if you were to part the curtains and crack his head open, would you find within a thousand tiny Easter Eggs.

I neither have the power or knowledge to rep that enough. Whoever said that, I walk in their shadow.

Nigel Pearson has left Leicester.

Not that surprising. He did a fantastic job there but there were clearly issues behind the scenes at Leicester and things seemed frosty at best.

Getting sacked after a runaway promotion and keeping them up comfortably in the end? Madness

I would have preferred them to carry on playing players like Smalling, Jones and Evans.Not good to see Manu getting this quality of player and if it continues we will be looking at other teams to overtake next season.

Imagine it though. I'm not saying Ramos is a great but imagine the look on his face when he lines up at the back next to Phil Jones. Phil fucking Jones. 

• Upvote 2

I wonder if Pearson couldn't hack his son being sacked. The wild dogs of Europe will have to watch their furry little backs now, as Mad Nige will want to let off some steam.

Imagine the scene at the next family meal.

Still, Nigel doesn't seem the type to brood or find it hard to forgive.

Imagine the scene at the next family meal.

Still, Nigel doesn't seem the type to brood or find it hard to forgive.

I could imagine Nigel bursting into the hotel room where said racist gangbang took place. Beating all of his players to death, before setting up a trust fund for the racially abused girl to ensure she never had to deal with these sort of despicable cretins ever again, pouring himself a glass of mineral water from the mini bar, then informing the police of his actions.

I could imagine Nigel bursting into the hotel room where said racist gangbang took place. Beating all of his players to death, before setting up a trust fund for the racially abused girl to ensure she never had to deal with these sort of despicable cretins ever again, pouring himself a glass of mineral water from the mini bar, then informing the police of his actions.

Quite like to see him cast in his own vigilante show, cleaning up football with his bare hands.

• Upvote 1

i'm not at all impressed with what we have done so far in the transfer market and that is nothing against the Players we have signed but can anyone hand on heart say we have solved any of the problems that were so obvious to everyone and anyone Have we signed a Dominating CB ? have we signed CM player who can shield the back four and add some steel to Midfield ? and have we signed a Striker who can score 30 goals ? The answer to all of those questions is still NO and that is not even listing the weakness at Full back we had last season on both sides and lack of cutting edge in midfield Clyne and Firmino may address some of the latter problems but unless the money from sales is ploughed into a top class striker we will be dead in the water from the start we need better players than are at our rivals United City Arsenal and Chelsea at this point are strikers would be around 16th best in the Prem Ogri and Ings we need to be able to go away to the top teams and come away with at least a point so we will have to spend well from here on in on what we really need 

I'm OK with the business we have done so far. It's incomplete at this point, but I'm confident there has been improvement. 

Clyne is better than Johnson. 

Firmino and Sterling are even, but Sterling is disaffected and wants out, and I think Firmino will bring more goals, so I'd say this is in our favor. 

Ings is better than Lambert

Origi is better than Borini 

Milner is better than Gerrard at this stage of his career

I see three players there who will probably play in the first eleven most weeks. And they are all improvements. I see a stronger bench too, so far. 

What next?

To make it a good window we need a top striker and I'd be happy with another midfielder, especially if Lucas goes. 

We are also signing the usual smattering of kids, which is always a mixed bag and a bit of a punt, but Gomez looks like he might have a good future. 

So far so good for me. 

• Upvote 1