You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I see a few news sources are saying the mancs have "beaten" us to the signature of Nicolas Gaitan at Benfica. 

Seems odd there was barely any mention of us being interested in him, then a week after a few sources have us in for him the mancs have suddenly gazumped us.

For once I'm actually not sure we were even in for the fucker and this might be the manc PR machine trying to score points. 

I see a few news sources are saying the mancs have "beaten" us to the signature of Nicolas Gaitan at Benfica. 

Seems odd there was barely any mention of us being interested in him, then a week after a few sources have us in for him the mancs have suddenly gazumped us.

For once I'm actually not sure we were even in for the fucker and this might be the manc PR machine trying to score points. 

Depay, Di Maria, Januzaj, Gaitan, Young, Mata... how many wide players do they need?

You can apply that to the majority of 'reports' in the press.

Spanish/German/Italian/French/Portuguese press link us with player, British press pick up on link and report it. Foreign press report on news coming out of the UK press of our interest.

Nice self perpetuating news story.

In the mean time we're here grinding our teeth that the club are doing everything in the press.

Danny Ings then eh?

An upgrade on Lambert, Balotelli and Borini I keep hearing. Well fuck a duck, how about that for a ringing endorsement eh? Fuck me John Aldridge and Ian Rush would be an upgrade on those three and they've been retired for years.

Honestly, I'm really starting to get pissed off with FSG and their 'moneyball' signings. Mainly because THEY'RE SHIT AT IT. You know you could let the odd one slide if they had the track record of Sevilla, FC Porto or Udinese. But they don't. Out of all these signings they have made there are only four(Suarez, Can, Coutinho and Sturridge) that I would say have been good signings and a few more that MAY come good. That's fucking pathetic for the money we spent and the amount of players we've spent it on.

I fear we're in trouble with these lot. Big trouble.

• Upvote 1

They can have the 100 best wingers in the world, but if De Gea leaves he will be impossible to replace from the keepers available....basically Neuer and Courtois are going nowhere.

They'll get Lloris who's a very good goalkeeper.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to Christian Benteke turning down our ridiculous £33m bid.

You know, if we were to get a new manager who liked to pack his side with more physical players to help compliment the diddy technicians we have in abundance then Benteke wouldn't be a bad player to have, at about £10m less than we'll offer.

People saying Benteke doesn't fit our style need to remember he will have atleast two pacy strikers around with Origi and Ings and maybe even Sturridge if he can stay injury free.

I wouldn't like to see us pay 30m for him but he would be a good option, a reason we didn't play a lot of crosses last season is we had no one in the box or Sterling up front.

Milner is a big upgrade on the Gerrard of last season and Clyne is far better then any rb we have.

People saying Benteke doesn't fit our style need to remember he will have atleast two pacy strikers around with Origi and Ings and maybe even Sturridge if he can stay injury free.

I wouldn't like to see us pay 30m for him but he would be a good option, a reason we didn't play a lot of crosses last season is we had no one in the box or Sterling up front.

Milner is a big upgrade on the Gerrard of last season and Clyne is far better then any rb we have.

Cool, btw do you still think we've a chance of signing Ronaldo?

• Upvote 2

Sturridge stay injury free?

maxresdefault.jpg

So we'll have a front three of Ings, Benteke and Origi?

Agree Milner's a good buy if we actually a) get him and b use him properly. He's the only decent player i've seen us genuinely linked with.