You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Of everyone that is already slating us for going after Benteke, will you be the same people bemoaning the fact that come 31 August and we haven't signed a striker good enough to challenge the first team.

I am in no way saying that we should sign him but beware what you wish for when it come true LFC and transfers, the grass is not always greener.

Until reading this thread I'd never heard of Michael Edwards?

Now I'm told he "assesses" transfer targets.

Thats some fucking obstacle course. No wonder we are so inept.

Scout the player

Put to committee

Put to FSG

Michael Edwards assesment

Bid for player

Ayre negotiates (cringe)

Rodgers "interviews"

Overly photographed medical

Bobs your uncle

More frigging fences than Aintree

• Upvote 1

Of everyone that is already slating us for going after Benteke, will you be the same people bemoaning the fact that come 31 August and we haven't signed a striker good enough to challenge the first team.

I am in no way saying that we should sign him but beware what you wish for when it come true LFC and transfers, the grass is not always greener.

No-one would be too arsed if we paid what he was worth.

As you well know mate we play by different rules in increments of 20m when it comes to premiership players who are "above average".

Oh- and based on last summer- the grass was 100% much fucking greener that the shite we signed!

No-one would be too arsed if we paid what he was worth.

As you well know mate we play by different rules in increments of 20m when it comes to premiership players who are "above average".

Is he above average or is he a good( but injury prone) player in a shit team, are we going to say he's not good enough for us and then Chelsea sign him and he does really well.

I think I have become disolutioned with how we conduct our transfers and our ability to spot proper talent, there must be young versions of Suarez out there somewhere with ability and sheer will to win. I'm not saying they need to be as good as him but at least have his characteristics.

Benteke would do for me

I was always a tippy tappy fan but it doesnt always come off and we need a couple of big strong boys in their to supplement our silky soft midgets.

If it was posible id have

Benteke

Barkley

Strong CDM

before i even contemplate the full back possitions and another CB

I also think Redmond from Norwich would be a perfect replacement for Sterling i.e. hes small,quick & actually a better footballer.Probably get him for a 5th of Sterling fee too

Maybe for a 10th of the Sterling fee and you'd have a deal.

Benteke for 15m plus at least one world class forward and we'd have a chance.

Benteke as our main man and were shafted

Is he above average or is he a good( but injury prone) player in a shit team, are we going to say he's not good enough for us and then Chelsea sign him and he does really well.

I think I have become disolutioned with how we conduct our transfers and our ability to spot proper talent, there must be young versions of Suarez out there somewhere with ability and sheer will to win. I'm not saying they need to be as good as him but at least have his characteristics.

Just the will to win would be a start.

Dirk Kuyt had that in spades. Put half our current squad in the shade on fight and passion alone.

Getting that aligned with talent is a rare breed indeed.

I see what you mean though. It can't be as hard as we make it out to be.

We dithered over Christian Erikkson for a couple of seasons. The same seasons when Allen/Adam/Spearing/Downing/Lucas etc were in the engine room.

@BundesligaSpot: Sunday Mirror: Liverpool will now target Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after missing out on Memphis Depay. #BVB #LFC

Would be an improvement on the shower of shite we have here but not convinced he's that good from the games I've seen of Dortmund this season

Shame we aren't after a winger, Herrmann from Gladbach would be a great addition

I'm not being funny but gid knows how this summer's transfer window will pan out,u think we are all going to be disappointed .Big in name small in ambition there were times we use to break transfer records now with all this penny pintching fsg have turned us in to a bit of a small time club. Mind you if you have mediocre in charge of thi hs what do you expect

The players will be fired up tomorrow.  Flying out of the traps.  Their manager is in trouble, and they will move mountains for him.  They will crawl a mile over broken glass just to get the opportunity to masturbate over his shadow.

If we don't win by 6, there's obviously unrest in the dressing room. 

• Upvote 3