You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Transfer window not even open yet and I'm depressed today after reading that news already! We are such a joke with transfers constantly missing out on our targets lately! Add him to the list that the owners can say we tried but didn't succeed trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Exception to the rule.

Does make for some thinking though - some posts about our current level saying we are at the next level down from the very top echelon and in with the likes of Juventus, Atletico etc for transfers.

Truthfully we are probably closer to Valencia or Sevilla.

We can compete with anyone apparently

I just hope we don't waste the whole summer again trying to convince players to join who in reality have no intention of coming. Cos we got landed on our arses over that tactic last year and the season was ruined.

I mean, what were all the leaks this week coming out of the club surrounding Depay all about. Its just so smalltime. Look fans, we are really really trying. Fuck off.

Depay cheaper than Lallana? No surprise:D

told ye we were never in for him, just some media bollocks from the usual puppets to please the fanbase after embarrassing performances.

Ings & milner though... that's the real experience and quality Brendan needs. At Leicester, his new club hopefully.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nobody is out of reach if we can only get them to see the advantages of coming to play under Brendan Rodgers and the added bonus of not being in the CL. We're clearly not selling this properly enough and should continue to emphasise last season in order to bring in the quality players we need on board the Great Adventure Express.

Yep, think the top players can't wait to meet Brendan and hear they're wonderful technicians and characters, and have all the qualities to play wingback or GK. After injuries rule out Johnson, Lucas & Lovren of course.

also can't wait to read some horseshit from club's Agitprop officers on how Depay wanted CL and wanted to live in Manchester with his girlfriend/boyfriend:D

• Downvote 1

Memphis Depay speaks on transfers.

I was keen on Liverpool the 5 times European Champions, Kuyt told me many great things.

Then I was watching their manager speak and he was content with par 5th and they are even thinking of playing their reserve team in Europe.

As a player you want to grow and develop. I am not sure after hearing the managers comments if this is the right place for me.

• Upvote 1

Memphis Depay speaks on transfers.

I was keen on Liverpool the 5 timesh European Championsh, Kuyt told me many great thingsh, for sure.

Then I was watching their manager speak and he wash content with par 5th and they are even thinking of playing their reserve team in Europe. Crazy man.

As a player you want to grow and develop. I am not shure after hearing the managersh commentsh if this ish the right place for me. Shmoke and a pancake.

Fixshed.