You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

17 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I have a Mercedes and a Gazebo. 

Granted it’s a van and the Gazebo is crap but you know.

Creme De menthe!

See I'm starting to see a divergence between what I'd call traditional middle class and the Barrett estate mob. They'd tend to go for the Merc (which they can't really afford) while your middle class family are more likely to be seen in a Volvo. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Champ said:

Since it’s nearly that time of year...

Richard Osman onTwitter suggesting that the later you open your Christmas presents on Christmas Day is the true badge of middle classness

I'm on nights Christmas Eve so will be getting up late on Christmas Day, I really know how to middle class.

Mind you, I drive an '06 Ford Focus with a roof rack.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

See I'm starting to see a divergence between what I'd call traditional middle class and the Barrett estate mob. They'd tend to go for the Merc (which they can't really afford) while your middle class family are more likely to be seen in a Volvo. 

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I worked for Barratt for a while would never buy a new house, live in my missus house, Wimpey built, might as well have been Popeye’s mate doing it.

Like Volvo. Vorspringdirktechno.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Your true middle class is getting paid to be "on call" on Christmas Day, without actually having to do anything.

Spot on that. For middle class people in general money begets money. Their kids get placements and jobs with their mates, properly portfolios are developed and money is inherited from middle class parents.

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Spot on that. For middle class people in general money begets money. Their kids get placements and jobs with their mates, properly portfolios are developed and money is inherited from middle class parents.

Can be true of the working class too. Both myself and my partners got jobs through family or friends, she was given money towards her house, and we will both inherit decent amounts. My lad could be working for my cousin in computers but is running a bar through a friend of mine and my daughter could work if the lazy student could be arsed.