You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Same with the countryside.

"We don't like people moving to the countryside."

"Didn't you move here?"

"That's not the point."

Same applies to visiting the countryside, or driving through it.

Have you met the birds Mum as you’re describing her to a T! 

She’s a fucking tory councillor in Cornwall who thinks Brexit is brilliant, hates immigrants and tourists! 

You’d rather cut your cock off than try to discuss politics with the cunt. 

• Upvote 1

My mate just bought a new build house and its like buying a fucking app with in app purchases. Turns out buying the house wasn't the full cost, you want a fence thats extra, you want turf that's extra, you want a gate that's extra, how many radiators do you want oh yeah there's a park round the corner there's a monthly fee. Fuck that shit.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My mate just bought a new build house and its like buying a fucking app with in app purchases. Turns out buying the house wasn't the full cost, you want a fence thats extra, you want turf that's extra, you want a gate that's extra, how many radiators do you want oh yeah there's a park round the corner there's a monthly fee. Fuck that shit.

Loads of them have been bummed to death by leasehold too, you don't own the land but you can buy it for an ever increasing fee, or you need permission to build a conservatory etc.

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Have you met the birds Mum as you’re describing her to a T! 

She’s a fucking tory councillor in Cornwall who thinks Brexit is brilliant, hates immigrants and tourists! 

You’d rather cut your cock off than try to discuss politics with the cunt. 

Oh and she’s Australian! 

The fella I was going on about earlier in the thread who reckons he phones up the fishmonger at Waitrose in Formby has come out with a few classics recently.

His daughter did shit in her GCSE results but now he said she has suddenly developed both dyslexia and Aspergers. Despite never mentioning any of this before. 

He said he wants to move house because his kitchen isn't big enough for all the cooking he does. He only lives with his mrs and one child but says all the preparation and cooking accessories he needs can't be fulfilled by his smaller kitchen which he has "outgrown". 

He has been caught shopping in Asda in Bootle a few times now by people in work but pretends to go there because they have a better selection of whisky than Waitrose in Formby. Plus after a long day at work he feels too tired to drive up there. Despite slagging off Bootle regularly and saying they have security tags on the legs of lamb.

Found out that he originally comes from Seaforth but he keeps up a persona that he was born into high society.

• Upvote 2

I bought a house near the coast , I have quite a large garden and there are only bungalows that back on to me and they are some distance back owing to a large garden backing on to another large garden and so all you can see is sky, lots and lots of it, the view on a sunny day or clear night is beautiful, I would be Royally pissed off if large buildings went up opposite me and destroyed my view I will admit. This probably makes me a cunt but then again I am anyway so no harm done I suppose. I’m not middle class though.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The fella I was going on about earlier in the thread who reckons he phones up the fishmonger at Waitrose in Formby has come out with a few classics recently.

His daughter did shit in her GCSE results but now he said she has suddenly developed both dyslexia and Aspergers. Despite never mentioning any of this before. 

He said he wants to move house because his kitchen isn't big enough for all the cooking he does. He only lives with his mrs and one child but says all the preparation and cooking accessories he needs can't be fulfilled by his smaller kitchen which he has "outgrown". 

He has been caught shopping in Asda in Bootle a few times now by people in work but pretends to go there because they have a better selection of whisky than Waitrose in Formby. Plus after a long day at work he feels too tired to drive up there. Despite slagging off Bootle regularly and saying they have security tags on the legs of lamb.

Found out that he originally comes from Seaforth but he keeps up a persona that he was born into high society.

I lived in Seaforth in 1990. The chippy was more secure than Fort Knox.  

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Cars are a big dividing line. Middle class people buy German cars which they keep immaculate, they never ever customise them and maybe have an old tasteful classic in the garage just for the weekends and they talk about it constantly. No middle class person has ever bought an after market sports exhaust to stick on the back of a blue Subaru. Ever. 

Cars aren't the dividing line. Only a middle class fart would think that.

It's an attitude thing. Thats a fact. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Learning the value of work but also how much easier it is when you have the resources/connections. He will do well.

I used to deliver the Stockport messenger, 253 papers for about £4, more if there were leaflets too. Well, I did until I realised no one read it and I might as well chuck it onto wasteland near our house.  

I had a weekday paper round which took me about 29 minutes on my bike and earned the princely sum of £6. 

I also had 3 Sunday morning paper rounds, I used to get up at 6, help make up the papers and do 2 rounds at one shop before going off and doing another one at another shop. I used to get about £12 and be done by 8 ready to go play football.

Earning £70 a month as a 14/15 year old was incredible. 

• Upvote 1

On 16/10/2020 at 20:08, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know a couple who had a mortgage free house in Old Swan but bought one of those new builds by Bowring park. 

Got shafted for allkinds, wanted to build an orangery but got refused as it would not be in keeping with the rest of the road, even though their house backs onto a railway track. Maybe people passing by on the train would complain. 

33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I used to deliver the Stockport messenger, 253 papers for about £4, more if there were leaflets too. Well, I did until I realised no one read it and I might as well chuck it onto wasteland near our house.  

I think the going rate was 4 papers per penny for the Mersey Mart around 1990.

And they wondered why stacks of them could be found round most Entries round our way. 

Even as a 12-13 year old I could see that deal was shit and never went near it 

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I know a couple who had a mortgage free house in Old Swan but bought one of those new builds by Bowring park. 

Got shafted for allkinds, wanted to build an orangery but got refused as it would not be in keeping with the rest of the road, even though their house backs onto a railway track. Maybe people passing by on the train would complain. 

I've seen those houses and the ones that back on to the railway track are ridiculous, it's literally at the end of your garden.  Think I'd have rather stayed in Old Swan.

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

I've seen those houses and the ones that back on to the railway track are ridiculous, it's literally at the end of your garden.  Think I'd have rather stayed in Old Swan.

It used to be Marconi's football pitches, can remember one of their players having a shot at our goal and hitting one of the trains passing by. 

It says on Rightmove "not overlooked by other houses". Just one of the busiest train lines in the North West.