You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

Neither.  Porsche guy has moved out as his business has gone  mental.

The photographers kids go to the same school as Izzy.  She’s a hippy who can’t get her kids to school on time despite living 5 mins away.  Gets away with it because she’s on the PTA.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Waitrose is turd. It’s just a more expensive Sainsbury’s. 

Had never been in one until we moved to Formby. Quite like it and the staff are lovely , but its not the amazing experience I was expecting after years of reading articles about how it puts house prices up etc.

21 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Had never been in one until we moved to Formby. Quite like it and the staff are lovely , but its not the amazing experience I was expecting after years of reading articles about how it puts house prices up etc.

It’s not Booths

They mentally divided up their parents' estate while their parents were still in their 40s.

They have savings 

On the very rare occasion they require state intervention, such as universal credit for a pandemic related business loss, flooding relief or CBT from their doctor, they're genuinely speechless at the fact none of it works properly.

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

All male middle class kids have hair like Danny Torrance.

CD67A108-6A31-4EAE-A378-481EE700A7BC.jpeg

Keep up Tone

(2) Boys and girls look the same until the age of around 10. With hair like Luke Skywalker and waterproof cagoules. They also tend to have asexual toys, neither guns and cars nor dolls, but instead things like colouring 'stations' and easels. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Keep up Tone

(2) Boys and girls look the same until the age of around 10. With hair like Luke Skywalker and waterproof cagoules. They also tend to have asexual toys, neither guns and cars nor dolls, but instead things like colouring 'stations' and easels. 

I’m a bit disappointed that security is allowing you close enough to see our kids. Will have to have a word. 

41 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Only been here a year , easy,  but really like the area and the bonus is that even at 60 and overweight  I am like a Chippendale here.

Haha, used to know a girl or two round there, the Station, the Blundell etc, worked on the beach and pinewoods about 78, built a road and car park using the rubble from Central Station, good funny times, Job Creation it was called, like a loonies jamboree. 

If my ashes don't slung on the ralla at Litherland, it'll be on the sand dunes. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

My Mum and Dad knew this middle class couple who had their own business, lived in a big house in Blundellsands and their kids would always go skiing. Their eldest lad went on a "lads holiday" when he was 19 but his lads holiday was 2 weeks in New Zealand with 4 of his mates and not Benidorm or Ayia Napa. 

The Dad started doing loads of mad shit like joining the golf club by Hall Road station even though he couldn't play golf to save his life. He only joined because one of the people he knew got him in. He specifically wanted to have all family events in the function room there (apparently it was exclusive to members only and couldn't be booked by the general public). He kept buying a new car each year even though there was  nothing wrong with the car he had bought.

He then spent a fortune on flying lessons which led to his business becoming bankrupt. They had to sell their house in Blundellsands and they now live in Runcorn. 

Yeah but whats his handicap? 

Golf is fucking weird, I know people who use it to social climb, but I know lads who have nothing but have played all their lives and are good (but nowhere near pro level) and who regularly play the best courses in the world. If they played footy to the same standard they’d never play at Wembley or the Nou Camp.