You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

• 3 months later...

M3 man has blown the opposition out of the water by getting an i8. It has a 1.5 3 cylinder engine blah blah blah blah. I stopped listening at the word engine but he went on for 5 minutes.  It does look nice though.  

Then, I get to the pub and they’ve stopped selling Peroni.   Shit day.  

• 3 months later...
On 24/03/2019 at 14:30, Rico1304 said:

M3 man has blown the opposition out of the water by getting an i8. It has a 1.5 3 cylinder engine blah blah blah blah. I stopped listening at the word engine but he went on for 5 minutes.  It does look nice though.  

Then, I get to the pub and they’ve stopped selling Peroni.   Shit day.  

Well, this was a let down...it wasn’t even his. It was his mates!  

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Their kids work for good companies but in mundane jobs.

'Whwat does your Fucknuts do?'

Oh she's at Paramount Pictures now!

Oh wow doing what?

'Accounts payable.'

To be fair though mate, 99% of all jobs are pretty mundane. People are either making something, selling it, or counting the money.

• 9 months later...
On 27/01/2015 at 11:07, Aw Geez said:

I have red sauce with superchip gravy so I suppose it's not that far a stretch. 

But, middle class or not, a cheesy chip with mayo is a thing of beauty.

On 27/01/2015 at 11:27, Aw Geez said:

Its like a spicy chicken gravy and its great. You and me both SugarApe. Nobody likes being tied to Ingurland. Well, apart from 53% of Scots, apparently.

On 27/01/2015 at 18:00, RoboRiise said:

"Red sauce?"  Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.  Don't even get me started on 'superchip gravy', I don't even care what it is, it will henceforth be known as paedo sauce.

@RoboRiise said everything that has to be said about superchip gravy. Or paedo sauce as it’s better known around here. 

My Mum and Dad knew this middle class couple who had their own business, lived in a big house in Blundellsands and their kids would always go skiing. Their eldest lad went on a "lads holiday" when he was 19 but his lads holiday was 2 weeks in New Zealand with 4 of his mates and not Benidorm or Ayia Napa. 

The Dad started doing loads of mad shit like joining the golf club by Hall Road station even though he couldn't play golf to save his life. He only joined because one of the people he knew got him in. He specifically wanted to have all family events in the function room there (apparently it was exclusive to members only and couldn't be booked by the general public). He kept buying a new car each year even though there was  nothing wrong with the car he had bought.

He then spent a fortune on flying lessons which led to his business becoming bankrupt. They had to sell their house in Blundellsands and they now live in Runcorn. 

• Upvote 1