You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

10 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Unfortunately not, Xmas day shift is where the money is at.

A bit of a fallacy that it is good money, certainly in all of the medical laboratories I worked in. Double time and a half for Xmas day but since you get single time and a day off if you're working it actually works out to time and a half for the day. Ordinary Saturdays or (better) Sundays pay better.

Repeating myself here but middle class mums always keep it really tight. Working class young, single girls often look like a cross between a malevolent blancmange and a packet of fags. 

Middle class, middle aged women all have arses like an onion - they make me wanna cry. 

• Upvote 3

One couple I know are always trying to be middle class taking their kids to all kinds of clubs that they are never home during the week. They seem to jump on any bandwagon to keep themselves well known in the local area and their kids seem to get forced into doing everything.  Both of them were desperate to get on the board of governors at both their kids schools.  I was casually talking to the Mum a few days ago as her and her husband seem to have the perfect marriage on the surface. 

I said that they should find time in between these clubs and activities for their kids to do something together. She then just blurted out that her and her husband haven't had sex for 3 years because they are just "too busy for anything like that".

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

One couple I know are always trying to be middle class taking their kids to all kinds of clubs that they are never home during the week. They seem to jump on any bandwagon to keep themselves well known in the local area and their kids seem to get forced into doing everything.  Both of them were desperate to get on the board of governors at both their kids schools.  I was casually talking to the Mum a few days ago as her and her husband seem to have the perfect marriage on the surface. 

I said that they should find time in between these clubs and activities for their kids to do something together. She then just blurted out that her and her husband haven't had sex for 3 years because they are just "too busy for anything like that".

Dr/patient confidentiality? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Get her smashed, lid.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Middle class, older women walk around with an expression on their faces like they are sucking lemons and there is a bad smell under their noses. Always loads of the bastards in Marks and Spencer.

How old are we talking here, Tony?

Just now, General Dryness said:

Its hard to know who the saddest cunt in that story is. 

Me obviously.  

But maybe I did him a disservice.  There are a group of parents who are very vocal about skiing at half term and the south of France in the spring and Caribbean in the summer. Turns out, as my gran would say, they are “fur coat and no knickers’. 

But I’m still a cunt. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They do stupid shit like try and sail around the world with no GPS and usually end up needing to be rescued, usually when they've just hit middle age and have young kids at home.

Apparently at one stage the nearest people to that woman were in the ISS. 

18 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Me obviously.  

But maybe I did him a disservice.  There are a group of parents who are very vocal about skiing at half term and the south of France in the spring and Caribbean in the summer. Turns out, as my gran would say, they are “fur coat and no knickers’. 

But I’m still a cunt. 

Which is kind of reassuring as we spend our lives trying to work out how practically everyone round us seems to manage to lead lives we could only afford if one of us did and bank

18 hours ago, rico1304 said:

Me obviously.  

But I’m still a cunt. 

23 minutes ago, Champ said:

Which is kind of reassuring as we spend our lives trying to work out how practically everyone round us seems to manage to lead lives we could only afford if one of us did and bank

I'm sure I've mentioned this on here before but it was always noticeable how many people you get on the garage with stuff like Range Rovers and Q7s etc. who constantly would be trying to get the price down on any work on them, even to the point that wanted remould or part worn tyres on them. 

60 or 70 grands worth of car but they have to run second hand tyres because they are too skint to afford tyres. Some serious level fur coat and no knickers territory, more interested in having something that makes them look flash than being able to actually stop or go around corners safely.