You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I just assumed 'rubbing bobby' was a euphmism there

I tend not to beat around the bush & probably would've just said that they wank their cocks off in the street.

But you never know when it comes to Johnny & Jenny Foreigner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-33845859

Rude graffiti pothole on A835 in Ullapool filled in

The graffiti appeared recently next to the pothole on the A835

A pothole which had a rude phrase spray painted next to it has been filled in by road maintenance workers.

Highland Council said last week that graffiti should not be used as a means of alerting it to holes in roads.

The graffiti appeared on the A835 in Ullapool at a pothole that had been in the road for about a week.

Local authority workers later covered over the writing with red paint before filling the hole in.

The council had the graffiti painted over

Breaking Bad fan guilty of Dark Web ricin plot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33708611

_84555020_84473666.jpg

The court heard Mohammed Ali first heard about ricin on the television series Breaking Bad

Muhammad-Ali.jpg

Ali, bom-boyay.

A man has been found guilty of trying to buy deadly ricin poison from the Dark Web after being inspired by the hit US television series Breaking Bad.

Mohammed Ali, 31, was convicted at the Old Bailey of attempting to possess a chemical weapon after around five and a half hours of deliberations by a jury.

Ali, from Liverpool, struck a deal with a supplier in January to buy 500mg of powder - enough to kill 1,400 people.

He was unaware that his source was in fact an FBI agent.

The trial heard the father-of-two was sent harmless powder hidden inside a toy car.

After opening the package, which had been treated with a marker substance, he was arrested at his home the following morning.

Under ultraviolet light, Ali's face lit up, showing he had handled the car.

Ali, of Prescot Road, told jurors he was just "curious" and wanted to test the boundaries of the Dark Web, and was unaware that ricin was illegal.

He told the court: "I was interested in the Dark Net and ricin. I just wanted to know what the fuss was about.

'No terror evidence'

"I found lots of different items ranging from drugs, guns, other illegal items, and because I had been watching Breaking Bad I just had ricin in my mind."

His defence team suggested Bolton-born Ali wanted ricin for a "peaceful purpose" and a psychologist told jurors he exhibited signs of Asperger's syndrome.

But prosecutor Sally Howes QC said he was a "chancer" who lied to police about having ricin when he was arrested in the hope that he would "get away with it".

The court heard Ali had made a to-do list on his computer which included the entries "paid ricin guy" and "get pet to murder".

He had also made a series of internet searches for chinchillas, squeasants, animal rescue centres, rabbits and "pocket-sized pets".

The prosecution said a 500 mg dose of ricin can kill between 700 and 1,400 people.

Judge Mr Justice Saunders said: "There is no evidence that he was planning any sort of terrorist attack.

"There is also no evidence that he had in mind any specific victims for ricin. I do not accept he was going to dispose of it.

"I'm satisfied it would have remained in his possession in some way and that is the basis on which I propose to sentence."

Ali had previously been involved in various illegal money-making scams which included stealing £250,000 from PayPal through a loophole, the court was told.

Sue Hemming, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "Ricin is a naturally occurring poison which is fatal even in very small doses. Ali knew the dangers of ricin and had been researching poisons for months before he attempted to obtain it.

"Today shows yet again that even in the case of crimes committed in the darkest corners of the internet, criminals can be caught and convicted."

Sentencing was adjourned until September 18.

Which TLW regular could this man actually be....?

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Aye, that's what I was doing yesterday afternoon, first non-railway passangers since the late 60s to go on the Waverley route & we actually got nice weather for it as well.

I think there's going to be a bit on Reporting Scotland tonight about it although I managed to skip the BBC leg of the journey, being interviewed for the telly at half 10 on a Sunday morning is not my idea of fun & I had a stinking hangover as usual.

Another day out for Supergran, Mook?

Woman's life "ruined" after finding boyfriend she had sex with was a woman wearing a prosthetic penis

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/womans-life-ruined-after-finding-10015009

Somewhere out there, chair-breaker extraordinaire Durango is muttering "Ye strap-on!".

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...