You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heavy night last night Col @lifetime fan ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-48982140

Claverham 'gimp suit' man terrifies woman in village

_107877437_b8c5199f-135b-48ed-b123-7ab88

A woman says she is scared to go out after enduring a "terrifying" encounter with a man wearing a gimp suit in a dark village lane.

She was walking in Claverham, Somerset, when she saw "someone charging at me in a full black rubbery suit".

The man advanced towards her, "grunting and breathing heavily" before fleeing the scene, she said.

Police said there had been a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people in the area.

Officers were called to the scene at about 23:30 BST on Thursday and used a helicopter and sniffer dog in an unsuccessful search for the man.

The victim, in her 20s, said the experience had "hugely affected" her, and she had chosen to speak to the BBC as she was concerned it may happen again.

"I would never forgive myself if this happened to someone else and I hadn't said anything," she said.

'Going to get attacked'

Describing the events that happened on her evening walk, she said: "I was walking along with my torch and looked up to see someone charging at me in a full black rubbery suit and managed to take a picture.

"He kept coming towards me and was touching his groin, grunting and breathing heavy.

"As I tried to take a step back he was right in front of my face and he put his leg forward. I was just trying to assess the situation in my head quickly."

"Everything was running through my head. I thought: 'This is it, I'm going to get attacked'.

"I was looking round thinking, oh my god."

The woman, who did not wish to be named, remembers pushing and screaming at the man, before he started running backwards to the main road.

Man in gimp outfitImage copyrightHANDOUT
Image caption"I was screaming and shouting and no-one came to help"

An Avon and Somerset Police spokesperson said: "We're aware of concerns relating to a man acting suspiciously in the Claverham/Yatton area.

"While we're keeping an open mind about the motive for these incidents, it's clear the individual responsible is deliberately attempting to cause alarm to the men and women he's approaching.

"While no-one has been hurt during the incidents, we fully appreciate the distress these actions have caused victims."

Patrols in the area were being increased to reassure the public and identify the man responsible, the spokesperson added.

The victim has been left feeling "panicked... that there's someone watching... and I don't want to go out.

"It's not just a man jumping out at me going boo," she said.

"Every time I close my eyes I just see that face."

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Not sure where else to put this.

Just been out with our dog in the park down the road from our house. On the way there a bloke with Middle Eastern looks was walking on the other side of the road speaking really loud into a blue tooth headpiece to someone he kept calling Schatz, so I presume his wife or Girlfriend, he was speaking in pretty good German but with a strong accent. He sounded agitated an was telling her that she would be safe as nothing would happen here in Bielefeld but the World would soon see and then there would be peace for them all. Another bloke was following him about 30 metres behind him with his mobile in his hand. When this agitated bloke went down a side road he followed him, then they went past me again and this Middle Eastern bloke was just repeating the same words to whoever was on the other end of his line. This bloke was still following him but keeping his distance, I assumed then that he was a plain clothes copper. On the way back, a Police car with all its lights turned off went past. As I got to our door steps there was a clear gun shot which came from the park, just the one. Bit fucking weird. I shall have to read the local Police news in the morning to see if there is anything released. 

Edit. Just went for a fag in the Garden and heard sirens, so definitely something up down the park. I wonder how they'll try and keep this one quiet. Quite often people hear gun shots and report them, but fuck all in the news. There was some report about it being hunters shooting wild geese, yeah, I spent 10 years in the Army and know the difference between gun shots from a pistol/rifle and fucking lead shot they would use to shoot wild fucking geese. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just read in the local news that at 20.30 the German SpecialeinsatzKommando were called to a House in another part of the City as some fucker shot in the air from his balcony. They evacuated nearby residents to a Lidl shop next to it all, and then called for more back up before storming the house at 22.30. Maybes what i just witnessed is in connection to that, maybe not. Like the fucking Bronx round here lately, plus usually nothing much happens in our city apart from the usual crimes.