Quantcast
The Local News Thread - Page 28 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

AngryofTuebrook

The Local News Thread

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Dodgy place that Soham 

Not too far from where I live. I’ve driven past there loads of times and never once have I seen a kid wearing a Man Utd shirt. Lessons have been learned. 

• Upvote 1

Story in the Echo about a "family being forced to wait outside in the cold' by Burger King because there was no seats, so they had to go to Subway instead. 

I was waiting for the twist, but that was it.

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Story in the Echo about a "family being forced to wait outside in the cold' by Burger King because there was no seats, so they had to go to Subway instead. 

The kind of thing that brings down governments and starts revolutions that.

"Milady, the people cannot get whoppers"

"Then let them eat meatball subs"

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They wanted the booby prize yet got the first prize.

3 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Yep, BK certainly can't claim to have been endorsed by a paedo.

I don't care who dips their fingers in somebody's batter just which is infinitely more edible and not likely to go through the digestive system quicker than a Porsche through a puddle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-46513432

Some nobhead in Wellingborough went to a fancy dress party as a suicide bomber.  On his way home, he dropped his fake suicide belt in a bin in the town centre... which was later sealed off, while a bomb disposal team carried out a controlled explosion.

• Upvote 1

But when Megan tried to ‘politely’ explain...

I think I’ve spotted the flaw in your plan, Megan. I’d have gone with “Sit down and stop embarrassing yourself and our city, you thick cunt.”

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Sad to see Dianne Oxberry pass away. She was very good on BBC NW and by all accounts a very nice person. Leaves behind a 5 and 7 year old, which is tragic. Poor kids. 

We should reference her GF thread in tribute.

This news is a bit of a shock. Off to check Lara is ok...

My local gym in Runcorn was closed for a while yesterday due to somebody being stabbed and the person responsible was apprehended and charged under Section 18,which is pretty serious as I understand it. The lad who committed the offence couldn't have been too sharp as he used a pair of scissors. Must have been a disgruntled hairdresser or a keen dressmaker.

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Some fella has smashed through the entrance to the Travelodge on Edge Lane 

I was hoping the twat filming it was gonna end up under it. What a cunt.

4 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I was hoping the twat filming it was gonna end up under it. What a cunt.

I know, his voice went right though me