You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-43667479

Man injured wrestling Derbyshire ram calls it 'public nuisance'

A rampant ram, which has allegedly injured several ramblers, is a "public nuisance", says one of its victims.

David Evans said he wrestled the sheep for 10 minutes after it charged at him last month, injuring his thumb.

He said another man has had to have a metal plate in his hand after being rammed in the same field in Kirk Ireton, Derbyshire.

The BBC has tried to contact the owner of the field, which has a public footpath through it, for comment.

Mr Evans said he feared the ram could kill a child.

"I crossed the stile at the bottom of the field and walked up and this ram appeared alongside me, quite friendly I thought," he said.

"I looked down and it herded me across the field so I pushed it away, it backed off and just charged.

"[it had a] massive pair of horns, I grabbed its horns and wrestled with it for a bit, put it down and it still came at me again."

He said he suffered cuts to his hands, one of which has gone septic.

Another man was attacked the next day, breaking his hand in three places, he said.

"He had an operation a week later and had a steel plate put in and he's a builder so he's off work at the moment."

Kath Stevens, from Kirk Ireton Parish Council, said the authority has written to the farmer asking them to move the animal after several reports of rammings.

"I'm afraid children will use that footpath, they wouldn't stand a chance with it. I want it made safe for people to walk together."

_100753280_dedm20180404a-1711_c.jpg

Baaaad to the bone!

• Upvote 1

That's brilliant, I love a good revenge plot.

I'd quite happily go on a 'people you hated at work' killing spree if I thought I could get away with it.

I hope you noticed the CPR campaign where the signature tune is a reworking of the Proclaimers 500 Miles song and stars Carol Smilie? And yes I definitely still would.

Thank fuck this isn't local.

Oklahoma mother will go to jail for marrying her daughter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43418891

The video in the link is even more concerning. Backward thinking is the States is worse than I thought.

She had previous form for marrying her 18 year old son, which was annulled for, unsurprisingly, incest.

spann5.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=al

"i dun gone made it, so I can damn well play with it!"

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he was trying to 'cure' her lesbianism with a bit of the old Victorian trepanning.

Pretty sick, whatever the motivation.