You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Sounded like someone isn't. Only opened the back door for a quick bit of fresh air and "bang" in the distance. Weird as fuck. People on twitter talking about it now as well. Proper big fuck off BOOM. Wasn't a firework like no chance. 

But other than that mate no I'm not at all. Call me a hun again and I'll stab your cat up the arse. Twice. 

Stab my cat in a dream and you better wake up and apologise. 

What direction did the noise come from, and what's in that direction?

2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Stab my cat in a dream and you better wake up and apologise. 

What direction did the noise come from, and what's in that direction?

I'll drown it in a Reservoir then. 

It sounded to the right which is Walton/Croxteth way.  

4 hours ago, Mook said:

According to the Daily Record, Kurt Cobain topped himself because his ancestors were from Hawick (my home town). What a claim to fame...

IMG-20191117-WA0002.jpg

Ive just had a quick look around the town centre on google maps. It doesn't look that bad. Sensitive sod. 

On 03/12/2019 at 20:14, Mook said:

According to the Daily Record, Kurt Cobain topped himself because his ancestors were from Hawick (my home town). What a claim to fame...

IMG-20191117-WA0002.jpg

I've been to Hawick numerous times and sorry Mook but they might be onto something. 

The curry house is ok tho' I suppose. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I've been to Hawick numerous times and sorry Mook but they might be onto something. 

The curry house is ok tho' I suppose. 

I know Chevettehs is from just across the Border but what's your excuse? It's not exactly a sprawling metropolis.

Actually a mate sent me a picture of the old nightclub we used to go to before I moved up to Edinburgh...

FB_IMG_1575888589296.jpg

1 minute ago, Stouffer said:

What was the name of the Irish bar down near the monument, rough as fuck it was?

I can't remember, got into a scrap in there one night. My brother is Rangers daft & started going on about Jim Torbett at the bar, didn't go down too well. 

Place was a fucking shithole.

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

I can't remember, got into a scrap in there one night. My brother is Rangers daft & started going on about Jim Torbett at the bar, didn't go down too well. 

Place was a fucking shithole.

Aye, fucking awful it was. Can remember two lasses scrapping outside over a tab.

Used to fuck me off because you couldn't get a kebap after half nine at night.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Aye, fucking awful it was. Can remember two lasses scrapping outside over a tab.

Used to fuck me off because you couldn't get a kebap after half nine at night.

The kebab shop at The Horse (the monument) used to be open 'til 2am at the weekends.

The whole town is dead now though, half the pubs have gone along with the jobs & any hope for the place.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

The kebab shop at The Horse (the monument) used to be open 'til 2am at the weekends.

The whole town is dead now though, half the pubs have gone along with the jobs & any hope for the place.

I was only ever there Mon to Thurs nights so no kebaps for me.

Last time I was there Wetherspoons was open but I believe even that's closed now.

If anyone is thinking of holidaying there stay at the Bank no 10, Donna is crazy as shit but it's a lovely place. I actually liked Hawick, kind of miss it a bit and way better than Jedburgh.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Last time I was there Wetherspoons was open but I believe even that's closed now.

If anyone is thinking of holidaying there stay at the Bank no 10, Donna is crazy as shit but it's a lovely place. I actually liked Hawick, kind of miss it a bit and way better than Jedburgh.

Well the last few pages haven't half sold it to me..... 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Hawick is surrounded by beautiful scenery, it's just a pity the place is dead on its feet & full of bams. Left by successive governments to rot like a lot of places unfortunately. There are two or three decent boozers left though.