You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

This one was ace, I think I posted it on here back when it happened:

German throws puppy at Hells Angels bikers then flees on bulldozer

A German student created a major traffic jam in Bavaria when he made a rude gesture at a group of Hells Angels, hurled a puppy at them and then escaped on a stolen bulldozer.

5:53PM BST 15 Jun 2010

The 26-year-old drove into the grounds of the motorcycle gang members' clubhouse north of Munich on Sunday, according to reports in local media. The young man, who was not identified, then dropped his pants, threw the puppy, and then fled.

After making his getaway, he stole the bulldozer from a construction site, and attempted to drive it to Munich. However, it was not fast enough, and his snail-like pace caused a 3-mile traffic jam near the southern town of Allershausen, according to a report in the English-language newspaper The Local, which cited the daily tz.

He then fled to his home nearby where he was apprehended by the police. "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," said a spokesman for local police. He said the student had lately been suffering from depression.

Police appeal for information.

Police are appealing today for witnesses in relation to an ongoing investigation.

A number of rolls of wire fencing was reported stolen from a field at Todholes Farm, on the A9. The fencing was discovered missing yesterday and is thought that the theft occurred over the last four weeks.

Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area or has any information relating to the theft is encouraged to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Front page news that one. Made me laugh. Crime wave happening, well sometime over the last 4 weeks.

Police are appealing today for witnesses in relation to an ongoing investigation.

A number of rolls of wire fencing was reported stolen from a field at Todholes Farm, on the A9. The fencing was discovered missing yesterday and is thought that the theft occurred over the last four weeks.

Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area or has any information relating to the theft is encouraged to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Front page news that one. Made me laugh. Crime wave happening, well sometime over the last 4 weeks.

Descriptions of offenders used to make me laugh.

"The gang were all wearing black tracksuits and had black scarves around their faces, one of them spoke with a local accent."

Ah yes, I know them well. 

The culprit has been caught and charged.  The judge will be taking several other fences into consideration.

See what I did there!  Catch the moon!  Catch the moon!

• Upvote 1

A few months later she left a random comment on their Facebook page under an article about people not picking up their dog shit. The week after that they printed a giant picture of a dog turd on the front page with a tiny picture of Mrs Turdseye next to it.

Following on from this, a bloke from BBC Radio Cambridge knocked at ours this morning looking for my bird. He wanted to do a live interview about the perils of dog poo. I'm gutted that she wasn't in and missed out on the chance to become the official voice of dog shit in the area.

• Upvote 1

Following on from this, a bloke from BBC Radio Cambridge knocked at ours this morning looking for my bird. He wanted to do a live interview about the perils of dog poo. I'm gutted that she wasn't in and missed out on the chance to become the official voice of dog shit in the area.

She could start a local newsletter about dog shit and call it The Turds Eye.

• Upvote 2

The bird was gutted she didn't get to meet you properly when I told her your name mate.

She thinks it's brilliant and reckons your folks are great.

For some reason I have only just seen this. Maybe I will have a namesake in a couple of years...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A MAN has been arrested after allegedly committing an obscene act in a Bolton clothes store.

Police arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of outraging public decency after being called to TK Maxx in Trinity Street at 11.40am today.

Security staff called police after seeing a shopper allegedly performing a sex act in the store.

The Bolton News understands 10 T-shirts were damaged in the incident. 

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/13327573.Man_seen__performing_sex_act__in_TK_Maxx/

• Upvote 2

A MAN has been arrested after allegedly committing an obscene act in a Bolton clothes store.

Police arrested a 27-year-old man on suspicion of outraging public decency after being called to TK Maxx in Trinity Street at 11.40am today.

Security staff called police after seeing a shopper allegedly performing a sex act in the store.

The Bolton News understands 10 T-shirts were damaged in the incident. 

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/13327573.Man_seen__performing_sex_act__in_TK_Maxx/

Doesn't that carry a 5 year maxximum sentence?