You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

I'm thinking of taking up a career as a football prognosticator.

I mean, they pay Garth Crooks hundreds of thousands of pounds to spout his shite, surely I can't be any worse?

You would be positively better by conducting your footballing commentary through mime. This includes radio work.

Sturridge is better than Torres was. More clinical, more pace, far more involved in the build up of attacks (far more assists than Torres). If Sturridge were more robust he would have overtaken Torres' Liverpool total ages ago.

With regards to Suarez. I can't agree with that at all. Suarez is the most talented player I've ever seen in a red shirt. Suarez doesn't look out of place alongside Neymar and Messi and those two are footballing aliens.

I don't disagree, but purely in terms of goals to minutes played, Sturridge has been more productive for us than than Torres (1.64 games played for every goal scored compared to 1.75).

In all honesty, if Sturridge wasn't a breathing sick note, he'd definately be considered among the elite strikers in football.

Suarez edges both, in his time here he's scored one for every 1.62 games played.

All three are/were phenomenal.

Sturridge goals/minutes ratio is 45/5408 or ~1/120 which in goals/games equates to ~1/1.33 but he's scored 45 in 72 but actually only scored in 38 of those 72. So in summary Sturridge is a goal machine. As was Torres, as is Suarez. But not Lucas. Or Rob Jones.

• Upvote 1

Suarez and Torres had the best songs..

Sturridge doesn't even have one or if he does hardly ever gets sung... That's one thing that should be sorted.

he got the clap song against villa. I ve only heard thst sung for suarez torres fowler and dalglish.

Suarez and Torres had the best songs..

Sturridge doesn't even have one or if he does hardly ever gets sung... That's one thing that should be sorted.

To the tune of jingle bells...

*ahem*

Please don't break,

Please don't break,

Please don't break, again.

Oh what fun it is to watch,

You score at the kop end.

I'll pack me bags.

• Upvote 5

You can't say Sturridge is a better player than Torres. Sturridge simply doesn't play enough to be considered a great player. Torres was absolutely sublime for us and really captured the imagination of the fans and the club. I do agree that Sturridge is a more technically gifted footballer, but he has a long way to go before he passes Torres in my book.

• Upvote 2

No one is forgetting how good Torres was but he was primarily a penalty box striker where as Sturridge often drops deep to get involved with play.

With regards to the Sturridge song, he has the Dalglish song which stretches all the way back to St. John and is rarely given out, so it's pretty much the greatest honour you can give an Liverpool striker.

Sturridge is better then Torres...........Sturridge delivered in the big games while Suarez didn't.

f92d6f9e55fb45d20fddac56d8c9da5b.jpg
I've discussed this many times on here, it is a fact that Sturridge delivered in the big games more then Suarez especially the 13/14 season.When Sturridge played most times he performed and scored, when he didn't Suarez was not scoring most times and we lost most of the big games without Sturridge.

I've always said Sturridge was the key player that season and not Suarez, I've just seen a stat that backs that up.In the 13/14 season Sturridges goals won us more points then any other player, that means not only was Sturridge the one consistently performing in the big games he was also the one making the difference in the tight close games.

• Downvote 1

I've discussed this many times on here, it is a fact that Sturridge delivered in the big games more then Suarez especially the 13/14 season.When Sturridge played most times he performed and scored, when he didn't Suarez was not scoring most times and we lost most of the big games without Sturridge.

I've always said Sturridge was the key player that season and not Suarez, I've just seen a stat that backs that up.In the 13/14 season Sturridges goals won us more points then any other player, that means not only was Sturridge the one consistently performing in the big games he was also the one making the difference in the tight close games.

Suarez scored goals against....

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Brighton & Hove Albion

Cardiff City

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Everton

Exeter City

Fulham

Hearts Hull City

Manchester City