You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

For a start, he isn't as good as Benteke, and secondly, if what we have now isn't good enough what's the point of signing someone else who isn't good enough?

Kiesling would be a useful stop gap if money isnt available until the summer and we are still dealing with injuries up the kazoo.

I will hold my overall verdict on Benteke until hes been here a while and spent most of it on the pitch.

He's a malingerer who's already been tapped up City and/or United and is just waiting for January. What is the club supposed to do - admit  to that? Than they'd forced to sell at rock bottom rather than getting something of value for him.

The rich clubs don't give a fuck about risk/reward - only the latter counts. If he knocks in 10 goals down the stretch for one of the teams that might win something - including the CL, mind, he's not cup tied, is he? - than he's worth what they pay.

He's going to risk that for playing his heart out in a Liverpool shirt?

Fuck, I just repped this toxic bullshit by mistake.

I'm now going to have to neg 2 innocuous Dr J posts, to restore the balance.

• Upvote 1

Pure fantasy. You think the club would not only let him get away with this but also protect him? Not a chance, he would get fucked for breach of contract.

The way people are going on you'd swear Klopp was a patsy; being dictated to by Daniel fucking Sturridge? Nah.

When one reads the forum day in and day out, for a handful of years, it's easy to forget that people on here are all wild men in the wings.

Good old moofy, always chasing that pointless, haughty contradiction high.

I find your particular brand of condescension to be the most cerebral and impressive. Do you work on it all day in your mother's basement?

Well done on not mentioning Joe Allen, small steps.

You weird obsessive.

Sturridge has returned to light training but the City game may come too soon for the England international.

From the Guardian.

I was thinking of inviting Daniel to my daughter's 10th birthday but I think it may come too soon for him. She's currently 2 years old.

• Upvote 2