You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeless, Foodbanks and Soup Kitchens

Oh Buoy

5 hours ago, Mook said:

I was going to get him a load of food because I thought he'd be starving.

I bought myself a CD on the way back to the office with the money I'd saved anyway, that's me done my bit for poverty for the day.

1997 want their homeless back 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Was in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't believe how many poor fuckers were huddled up in doorways. It's heart breaking.

Its everywhere mate and its fucking heartbreaking. It gets worse year on year. Have you seen The Road? Yeah well thats why I'm never having kids. 

I live in the countryside and don't ever see anyone now really, I was very shocked as to just how many there were.

Made sure to give them a few quid when I was there; it was fucking baltic that week as well. Absolute shit state this country.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Anubis The Jackal said:

Where’s the update, Seaons, you git?

A few things came up which made it a little difficult to invest time into it. Essentially it was a website that linked up with local services which catered for a few scenarios:

1. If you saw someone you had access to all the services in your area and could ping them a notification/inform the person. 

2. If you wanted to help foodbanks or community events you could see whats low on stock or contribute your skills/fund courses. 

3. You could follow local stories and break the social barrier between the issue in your area. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I didn’t mention that his a bit too full of herself cousin did the same challenge a few weeks ago so I thought I’d try and help him gather a few extra donations. It’s not so easy for him collecting money when everyone’s working from home

He had no idea I had posted on here until he saw the donations he had received. He’s asked if I would pass on his thanks to everyone who has made a donation and is really chuffed about the amount he has now raised

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Tell him he has to make sure he obliterates Sasha’s times.

I so hope so xxx

Thats not very charitable of me, is it?

And thank you for your very generous donation. A star, as always, mister

I only shared his page with one other group to give his fund a bit of a boost so I suspect there’s an anonymous donor from here who’s also made a donation. He’s blown away by everyone’s generosity. Thanks all. Again and again 

On 05/03/2021 at 14:47, Champ said:

I didn’t mention that his a bit too full of herself cousin did the same challenge a few weeks ago so I thought I’d try and help him gather a few extra donations. It’s not so easy for him collecting money when everyone’s working from home

I wasn't going to bother when I thought it was just for a good cause, but now I know it's for spite, I'm all in!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I wasn't going to bother when I thought it was just for a good cause, but now I know it's for spite, I'm all in!

Family honour, Angry. Family honour.

Donation much appreciated. Thanks

• Upvote 1