Quantcast
Premier League Round Up (Dec 26-28 2014) - Premier League Round Ups 2014-2015 - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Premier League Round Up (Dec 26-28 2014)

pards.jpg

This is traditionally the time of year in the NFL when coaches get fired but the Premier League have given them a run for their money this week with managers dropping like flies. Warnock got the push at Palace, which was a little surprising until it emerged they’d lined up their old boy ‘Slimer’ as his replacement. Then Alan Irvine got the bullet at West Brom, the only surprise there was that he got the job in the first place when my man Tim Sherwood was available. The Baggies have the chance to rectify that error by begging Tim and his ‘gilet’ to give them a second chance. Whoever their chairman is, make it so.

Irvine paid the price for a disappointing start to the season and two defeats over Christmas. They got spanked at home by strikerless City on Boxing Day and then lost 2-0 at Stoke. They were 3-0 down to City after half an hour or so and the boos were ringing around the Hawthorns. There were empty seats all over the place, which is always going to be alarming to a club’s owners. If they didn’t take the piss so much with pricing they wouldn’t have to worry about fans staying away, but if you’re gonna charge top dollar then you sure as hell better deliver a decent ‘product’ on the field.

Elsewhere, Chelsea won the battle of London’s top two sides on Boxing Day as goals from Mongo and Diego Costa (great goal, horrible bastard) gave them a comfortable victory over West Ham. Gary Cahill said afterwards it was important to win as “Manchester City are breathing behind us”. *shakes head*

Ivanovic became the latest Chelsea player to be booked for an outrageous dive. More on this later, but Phil Neville said he was “entitled to go down” to try and win a penalty for his team. Diving scumbags have to stick together I guess.

Poor Phil though, he spent his entire playing career in his brother’s shadow and now he’s following suit as a pundit, as ‘Gareh’ pisses all over him in that department too. Is there anything at all he could do better than his big brother? I don’t think so, not unless the BBC decide to remake Steptoe & Son and need someone to play the part of the old man. “Haaaarold!! Haaaarold!!”

Hey, I just noticed Oscar is wearing number 8 for Chelsea this season. Didn’t waste much time did he? No sooner had Fat Frank waddled off into the Manhattan / Mancunian sunset, that chinless little dweeb was calling dibs on his shirt number. That’s how they do it at the Bridge though, you snooze you lose. Just ask Wayne Bridge.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that match reports and round ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month and can be purchased here.

Every time his face appears on my telly I want to be able to jump inside and knock fuck out of him.

At least he doesn't make you do what you did when Mourinho showed up on your telly last season.

Dirk Kurt sounds like a discourteous Dutchman.

I thought Robert Green's effort at keeping Rosicky's shot out vs QPR was pitiful. If that had been Jones or Mignolet we would - rightly - be digging out the tar and feathers.

Sign in to follow this