You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dry January

Rico1304

I have lost weight, but reducing your calorific intake by about 5000 calories a week will do that to you. I have man-flu now, which I would normally drown with whisky. Obviously I can't now. Humph!

Just sniff a bit of glue instead. Just make sure its Glue Zero.

• Upvote 1

I have lost weight, but reducing your calorific intake by about 5000 calories a week will do that to you. I have man-flu now, which I would normally drown with whisky. Obviously I can't now. Humph!

Mate any time ive dropped the calories too low i have got sick. Its far too harsh on your immune system. In short, go eat a horse.

These fads do my head in. A month off the booze and then 11 months smashing it is fucking pointless. Just doing what you want in moderation is more sensible, but you can't update your facebook status everyday I suppose.

I'm doing till April - if I can. I've done it for 14 years and always feel better afterwards, more so as I've got older and my alcohol consumption in general has reduced.

Anyone else fucking knackered all the time?

I'm sleeping like a knackered log.

I think I am doing what Osbourne keeps suggesting he will do and repaying the deficit.

I'm starting to crave a pint a bit, but not gonna crack. It will taste the very best in February!

I broke my vow on Saturday. My wife and I had already committed to volunteering at a brewery for their annual Maple Bacon Coffee Porter release festival. For our efforts we got a bunch of bottles and the opportunity to drink a few for free afterwards. Couldn't say no. Only had one pint, but amassed 12 22oz bottles for February 1.

I broke my vow on Saturday. My wife and I had already committed to volunteering at a brewery for their annual Maple Bacon Coffee Porter release festival. For our efforts we got a bunch of bottles and the opportunity to drink a few for free afterwards. Couldn't say no. Only had one pint, but amassed 12 22oz bottles for February 1.

5514414.jpg

5514414.jpg

Mate, it's fucking spectacular. The only release it once a year. People come from all over the country to get it and the bottles trade for a significant amount on the secondary market. All day I could just smell it's beautiful smokiness and couldn't resist.

99% rating on beer advocate! http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31805/62761/

• Upvote 1

I am coming exceptionally close to falling off the wagon tonight. Since I read this thread I can't stop thinking about a pint! 

Can anyone remind me what my motivation is, or shall I just fuck it off and have a pint. I think I am getting RSI from overuse of the internet!

I am coming exceptionally close to falling off the wagon tonight. Since I read this thread I can't stop thinking about a pint! 

Can anyone remind me what my motivation is, or shall I just fuck it off and have a pint. I think I am getting RSI from overuse of the internet!

I felt good after having that one. Took away the craving and reset my motivation.

Mate, it's fucking spectacular. The only release it once a year. People come from all over the country to get it and the bottles trade for a significant amount on the secondary market. All day I could just smell it's beautiful smokiness and couldn't resist.

99% rating on beer advocate! http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31805/62761/

I can't read any more of those reviews or I'm going to end up scouring the internet and no doubt spending daft money on a bottle.  Sounds awesome though.