Quantcast
Dry January - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Rico1304

Dry January

Saw this on FB earlier;

All the gym bunnies moaning about newbies spoiling their workouts in January. We didn't moan when you used our pubs in December.

Every fucking commercial on tv is now Herbal Magic, Weight Watchers and on line dating.

The funniest thing about the whole 'new year new me' bollocks is that there's a whole industry that's grown up around getting the body beautiful while still being a lazy bastard.

Do the 'No Carbs Tuesday Diet', eat what you want the rest of the week and lose half a stone by 2018.

Go to the gym in your Christmas Converse, have a fruit juice then stand on that machine that makes your arse wobble for five minutes, it burns as many calories as doing the Berlin Marathon, it must be true because Big Brenda told you so.

• Upvote 2

The funniest thing about the whole 'new year new me' bollocks is that there's a whole industry that's grown up around getting the body beautiful while still being a lazy bastard.

Do the 'No Carbs Tuesday Diet', eat what you want the rest of the week and lose half a stone by 2018.

Go to the gym in your Christmas Converse, have a fruit juice then stand on that machine that makes your arse wobble for five minutes, it burns as many calories as doing the Berlin Marathon, it must be true because Big Brenda told you so.

People want things easily, so if there is an hint of a quick fix that has been branded well, people will fall for it, when in fact there is no such thing. If there was most of the population would look like extras out of Baywatch.

There is a fatty I know who after reading a Herbal Life handout is now a nutritional expert. She dropped the first shed load of weight quickly due to her size but now it is getting harder she is really struggling, e cig has been lashed and back smoking. Just waiting for a full failure now.

There's a girl I work with that is out on the piss every weekend and she has a few at home in the week. She's always out til the end of the night then goes and gets loads of Maccies. She hardly ever goes to the gym, but she eats salads and shit in work and expects that to make her thin, when she actually waits for somebody else to go down two flights of stairs so she doesn't have to get off her arse and take a jobsheet.

Well just have one then. Pubs need the trade in Jan. all this noisy sacrifice gets right on my tits.

I, you know, thought that might be the point of the thread. You know, for people doing it to share their experiences...

I, you know, thought that might be the point of the thread. You know, for people doing it to share their experiences...

That's fine.  I'm railing against it.  That's the point of my post.  

That's fine.  I'm railing against it.  That's the point of my post.  

So, posting about it in a thread dedicated to it counts as noisy sacrifice? Right.

Calm down.  Have a drink.

Enabler. I had two sneaky Corona's last night. To be fair, the red head nurse I was watching the hockey with offered them up.

Anne of Green Gables fantasy running through my mind.

Slept better last night although really wanted a drink last night with the evening meal but managed to get through.  Another bigger will be watching a certain sporting event tonight, if I can get through that without having a drink I think I'll be well on my way.

Think this is the longest I've not had a drink for in about two years!

I'm going to have a few pints of water. My skin is already loads less dry because every time I fancy a beer I have a pint of water. I'm pissing like a race horse, but my complexion is amazing! ha

Half bottle of JD, ready and willing for the game.

I'm doing Fuck Off February next month. It involves drop kicking any zany cunt who thinks they're wacky by asking for sponsorship, for some sort of shite, trite, jape. 

• Upvote 1